It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
(female)

uma_anne HB User
Question what's does normal fetal movement feel like around 27 weeks?

Hi everyone. Iím almost 27 weeks along and was wondering what ďnormal fetal movementĒ is supposed to feel like. I mostly feel gentle ripples a few times a day. Every now and then Iíll have a few hard kicks (like 2 times a day)but itís not that often. But I canít say that the movement is continuous. In the morning, for example, I donít feel anything and it freaks me out.

I noticed a few weeks ago that Iíd see my whole stomach moving with the babyís movements, especially at night, but I donít notice that as much any more.

Iím getting really worried and starting to obsess. This is my first prengancy so I have no standard of comparison. Iím going to talk to my doctor about it but would like to hear what others have experienced especially around this stage of pregnancy (27 weeks).

Iíll really appreciate peopleís input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User
Re: what's does normal fetal movement feel like around 27 weeks?

At 27 weeks, I could almost "play" with the baby. I would push on my belly and he would push back (which is quite indicative of his personality).

I didn't feel alot of "movement", but quite a bit of pushing (on his part) and kicking.

He would do alot of kicking when I would rest my arms on my belly, which he hated.

Dalton was a feast or famine baby. He either lied completely still or was all over the place (which is why I am glad that I had the doppler).

If your little one is kicking twice a day, I wouldn't freak out too bad. You may want to mention it at your next OB appt though since they say that you should feel movement 8-10 times per day. You may just have a calm, laid back baby (which will be wonderful after birth).

Good luck!!!

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Hi. I just had my first baby (a little girl) about 5 weeks ago and I can assure you that I obsessed over this too! I was always worried that my little girl wasn't moving enough and it really worried me. She was born completely healthy and now doesn't seem to stop moving, even when she sleeps, so it's funny to me that I never thought I felt her moving enough before she was born.

I would try not to worry yourself too much over this. I know that is easier said than done because no matter what people told me when I was pregnant, I still worried anyway. But like the previous poster said, maybe just mention it to your OB. That way you can put your mind at ease and enjoy your pregnancy more knowing that your baby is perfectly fine!

Good luck!!!

Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

Just wanted to tell you something else. If you have an anterior placenta (in front), you may not be able to feel the majority of movement. I know I had an anterior placenta and did not feel alot of movement for a long time. For a good long while, all I could feel was a flutter.

Amy

Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
(female)

Estefani23 HB User

Well around my 27th week i actually had the same concerns. I remember having light waves here and there and maybe like 2 hard kicks. Every 2-3 days he would just go nuts and kick and turn like crazy, then he would go back to his "lazy routine" and not move as much.

Your doctor is going to tell you that this is normal. If you are extremely concerned he may give you and ultrasound to make sure everythings o.k, and as long as the baby's heartbeat is strong there should be nothing to worry about.

You will be o.k Mothers tend to worry alot during pregnancy about their little ones. You know we want everything to be just perfect!

Good Luck

Closed Thread