It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 06:46 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User
Induction question

Hi ladies
Well I was due yesturday the 8th. I went to see my OB and I have an unfavorable cervex. (sorry spelling really sucks) Anyways I have only been dialated 1 cm for like 3 weeks now and my cervex is still hard and all in tack. She set an induction date for the 14th. She hopes I will go before then but has no idea if I will. She told me to go in at 7:30 am and that she would break my water at 8. And then if it is not progressing on it's own then she will give me something with an IV. I heard that it really hurts when they break your water. So how bad is it going to be if I have to be induced? Does it usually take long to have the baby after they break your water? I am hoping to go on my own but I am preparing myself for if I have to be induced. Thanks everyone Sherri

Old 08-09-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sarawithnoH HB User
Re: Induction question

Hi Sherri, the condition of your cervix at this point really doesn't mean anything. With my first, I was dilated 2cm-5cm and 100% effaced from 35-40 weeks. I was induced on my due date...I should have waited. It doesn't hurt at all when they break your water. The only thing you can feel is the warmth of fluid. I didn't start active labor within the hour so they gave me pitocin through the IV (at this point, I realize my OB is very impatient). Pitocin is pretty much awful unless you are planning for an epidural. There is no telling how long labor will be once your water is broken. Mine was 10 hours after.

With my second, my cervix was high and hard past my due date. I chose to induce myself 8 days past. I started labor at 11:00 A.M. Tuesday. My water broke at 10:00 P.M. that night. I didn't deliver until 7:42 P.M. Wednesday....21 hours after my water broke.

Every labor is different. There is no way to predict how your body will react to anything that they do. It's always best to start labor on your own, but it's not that bad if you have to be induced. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread