It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
(female)

RainyNight HB User
Possible low amniotic fluid?

I am currently due with my second son October 12th. Recently I have had some concernes with low fluid due to what I have been experiencing. I am 31wks, People tell me recently I look "teeny tiny" for being as far along as I am. I don't recall ever being able to feel his entire body so clearly. Moving or not, I can feel everything ( legs, side, shoulders) with just touching my stomach. I have extreme pelvic pressure, it gets really uncomfortable to stand in just a short time, when I am standing and having pressure, when the baby moves the pain in the lower area is very similar to the feeling of having a catheter inserted in to your bladder. I haven't had leaking of fluid that I am aware of. I had a routine prenatal appointment on Wednesday where I brought all this up to the doctor and he seems completly unconcerned, He measured my belly as usual and said it was good. He asked if the baby moves around, I said yes. He said if fluid was low then the baby wouldn't move around so much. But that was all he checked for. How can I be so sure that this is true? When pregnant with my first son is was never like this.. Am I just being paranoid? anyone else with similar experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kittyroo HB User
Re: Possible low amniotic fluid?

I am having a similar experience. The doctor did eventually take a second ultrasound to assure herself and me that the baby and fluid are where they are supposed to be. I'm not very big and I feel EVERY movement and it HURTS! It feels like the baby is on a horizontal rotisserie drilling into my bladder. I was around 30 weeks when this happened. Hang in there, you'll pop out soon. Insist on an ultrasound if it gets to really bothering you. Thats what I would do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sprout07 HB User

I can't offer any advice but I can say you are not alone. I am only just hitting the 6 month mark and unless I wear something that exagerates it or if I've just had a big meal, I barely look pregnant at all. I look chubby...that's it. I have been worrying about the whole amniotic fluid thing too. I had two ultrasounds about 3 and 5 weeks ago and both showed the amniotic fluid as being fine. But I still check to see if I'm leaking all the time because I just can't imagine how I can be this far and not be noticeably pregnant. I also get concerned about whether or not my baby is growing enough and where the top of my uterus is. I went to the doctor on last Wednesday and she said it was about 2 finger widths above my belly button. SHe didn't seem concerned about anything, but it bothers me that I'm so "small". My doctor has yet to measure with a tape measure...she just feels for the top of the uterus. I think every woman just carries different I guess but it is nerve wracking and nearly impossible not to compare to other women. I would agree with the other poster though...if you are still concerned, ask for an ultrasound just to make sure.

Take care

Old 08-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rivergirl939 HB User

I am 34 weeks and only recently really started to show. I don't think it's anything to worry about. I'm bulging out low and have the pain down low and even feel some pain when sitting.....like i've sat on something! If your Dr. says all is ok then I wouldn't worry.

River

Closed Thread