It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User
Cervix Pain

Hey guys.

I am 36 weeks pregnant with my first baby. For the past week I have started noticing stabbing pains in my cervix area. They would just come and go and were short lived. Over the past couple of days, they have become more frequent and more uncomfortable. I have also been having lots of pressure "down there" for a couple of weeks now, and my braxton hicks are becoming more uncomfortable due to the pressure I am feeling. I have been having a fair amount of discharge, but I have most of my pregnancy so that is really nothing new. Do you think this could mean my cervix is getting ready? Or is it possibly just the position of the baby? I should also mention that she is measuring 2 weeks ahead according to fundus measurments. Those of you who have had baby's, did you experience any sensations when you were dialating? I have an appointment on Thursday (3 weeks since my last appointment) and I intend to ask the doctor about it, but any input would be great!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

jenndeann HB User
Re: Cervix Pain

I haven't posted in a really long time but I do read the threads all of the time. I am 37 weeks and the last couple of weeks I have had the same feelings. I get checked every week and I am 1 cm dilated. I could just mean that you are starting to dilate. Just ask the doctor on Thursday to check to see if you have started to dilate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

Hi megss,

I didn't feel any stabbing when I was dilating w/ my son. But I know the stabbing pain that you're talking about. I've had it for couple of week as well, and I'm not dilated at all. I think it's just the pressure of the babies head and the changes in preparation of labour, after all the baby has to drop into your pelvis before you even go into labour.

Honestly, from 0-10 cm dilating w/ my son, the only thing I felt was painful contractions and pain in my back (as he was coming out face first). Nothing else.

Hope this helps....hang in there, we all feel your pain.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

Those pains are usually a result of the baby pressing on your cervix. I often had cervical pains with simultaneous rib pain while the baby stretched. Ask your doctor just to make sure.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Meggs,
I had something of what you are talking about towards the end too. I always compared it to pinching/stabbing. It was so weird. I never did know what was causing it but it felt soooo low in my cervix. It COULD mean that you are dilating. I am not sure. Hopefully for your sake though, that is what it means! How exciting, you are getting so close!

Old 08-15-2007, 05:44 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

rivergirl939 HB User

Hey Megss.......my Dr. says it's the baby's head. He's been down at my pubic bone for awhile now and it's causing me all sorts of pain!

River

Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Thanks guys! That's pretty much what I figured

Old 08-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

ishade HB User

Yup! I actually already have thos "pinching pains" on my cervix and I'm 28 weeks now. My doctor said it's just the baby pressing down on the cervix. Of course, that's always good too though...the pressure on your cervix will help to soften it and get it ready!!!!

Closed Thread