It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User
Is creamyish/brownish discharge ok???

Once again, Iím a new mommy (just found out last week) and I was on the pill. Besides 2 pink spots July 3rd, I never had my period in July. When I woke up the morning of August 6, I went to the restroom and the toilet paper was a creamyish maybe very very very very faded brown color so I got excited b/c I thought my period was finally starting that day! So the day went on, and I didnít see anything else like that so I took a preg. test and thatís when I got my first BFP. Since that morning, I havent seen any strange colors and being the new, paranoid mommy that I am, I am scared to death of possibly miscarrying during my pregnancy. Do you think the creamyish/brownish color was a sign of anything wrong? I have my first dr. visit next week so my questions will get answered then but til then, I just wonder and wonder and wonder.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sprout07 HB User
Re: Is creamyish/brownish discharge ok???

I can't say that it is definitely not a sign of something but I too had creamyish/tannish discharge early in my pregnancy. I'm now just about 25 weeks. If you were expecting your period, you could have had a little bit of implantation bleeding that dried up and worked it's way out in your discharge, which is what causes it to have a slightly brown color. Or maybe you had sex and that irritated your cervix causing a very slight bleed that dried up right away and worked it's way out. I was always told that brown blood is old blood and the real concern is red blood. But, any abnormal discharge should always be mentioned to your doctor because sometimes it does indicate a situation.

Good luck to you and have a healthy pregnancy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread