It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User
How long after the baby drops...?

I'm curious, as my baby has most definitely dropped... how long is it after the baby drops that they typically deliver?

I'm in an incredible amount of pain. My entire pelvic area hurts like H! Every time I move or turn, and I can't walk in more than baby steps. I called the OB today and they said that I'm not supposed to bend over, lay flat on my back or stand for extensive periods of time... but they still said they can't pull me out of work? How am I still capable of working, if I can't bend over or stand for extensive periods of time? I go to another OB appointment tomorrow, and I'm wondering if there's anything I can say or ask to see if I can get them to go ahead and just pull me, 'cause that's nuts. I work in Wally World, and I'm the cell phone person back in electronics. I have to bend down to stock phones and such, so telling me "Don't bend down, bend over or stand for a long time but keep going to your job." is kinda silly. I called out today due to the pain, and I'm rather worried about possibly losing my job.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Re: How long after the baby drops...?

I feel your pain! I think I delivered about a week after my daughter dropped. It definitely is painful at times...I thought the rib kicking would have subsided - wrong! I took a lot of warm baths which seemed to help. Can you talk to your employer about leaving work early? I'm sure they must understand that you're ready to deliver. You cannot lose your job for maternity purposes. Have you actually asked your OB for a written work leave? I would think that because you're so far along, they would be willing to accomodate you. Don't worry - it does eventually end! You'll have that beautiful baby in your arms soon enough!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User

I can talk to my employer and they would certainly let me take a leave of absence, but unfortunately... I need my OB to write up the paperwork so that I can go on unemployment while I'm out with my son, and my work won't give me any compensation until I have that paperwork either. They have been incredibly helpful, though. I just can't afford my rent and bills without my pay check (hubby doesn't make enough to sustain us for the six weeks before I get to return to work after my baby is born) or at least SOME form of monetary help. I'm kinda stuck at a stand still because I know that.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Hey!

My baby dropped a good two weeks ago and I'm still here. I am in a lot of pain sometimes too. Last night I was almost in tears it hurt so bad. And I'm with Laura, I am still getting heartburn and rib kicks and I still can't eat much, but I now have that added pressure on my cervix, bladder, and pelvis. I had my 36 week appointment today and I am not dialated at all. I hear that with your first baby, you drop about a month before delivery, and with subsequent baby's, once you drop delivery isn't to far off.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
(female)

bh0819 HB User

I was always told that it will be e good 2-4 weeks after your baby drops. If you are anxious to get things rolling and are close to your due date you can try sex (if your husband and you are still interested) and then try some heavy cleaning like scrubbing floors on your hands and knees. It needs to be vigorous. Good luck.

Closed Thread