It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User
New... question for pregnant women

Hi all. I am pregnant with my second child. Dh and I tried for about two years to get pregnant with this one so I feel like at any minute something might go wrong. It just feels too good to be true that I am pregnant.

My question is... have any of you had any spotting early in pregnancy and gone on to deliver healthy babies? I am between six and seven weeks. I went to the RE (still having to see him until he sees two healthy ultrasounds and then I will go on to my obgyn) on Friday morning for my first ultrasound. They thought, based on my last period, that I would be seven weeks this past Saturday. At my ultrasound, he saw two sacs, thought it was the result of an early split for identical twins, but he only saw an embryo in twin A's sac. He could not see an embryo in twin B's sac, so he is assuming that the embryo never began to develop properly. He also had to do a wet prap because he suspected a possible yeast infection, which came back negative.

Well, he wants to see me back for second ultrasound on Wednesday and as long as he sees some progressive development he will assume he dated the prenancy wrong. I know that I am a late ovulator unless on fertility meds, so I feel certain that I wasn't quite seven weeks at the ultrasound.

I still feel very pregnant with nausea symptoms and such. I started the slight spotting Friday evening and it has continued on and off until this morning. Sometimes it is brown and sometimes reddish but usually mucousy looking. The nurse has told me not to worry because there are many reasons that I could be spotting, mostly because of the exam and wet prap, and also because of the sac with no embryo. She said my body might be needing to get rid of that.

Any suggestions or ideas? Has anyone been through this and not miscarried? Please let me know your stories.

Thanks
ALM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
(female)

mamatbg HB User
Re: New... question for pregnant women

Yes, I had brown spotting for a couple of days around about the same time you had yours. Doc said it was normal. I am currently almost 33 weeks. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ALM HB User
Re: New... question for pregnant women

Thanks mamatbg! I appreciate your response. I am trying not to worry as my nurse told me there were several reasons I could be spotting. As for right now, it seems to have stopped too!! I hope it stays away. Even if it is not a sign of something being wrong, it is still so scary to see any kind of bleeding knowing you are pregnant.

ALM

Closed Thread