It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User
Another yeast infection question

I know this has been asked a million times but I can't seem to find the post right now. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have the worst yeast infection. I have no idea what to do. I have tried vagisil for the last three or four days and it has done nothing. I can't go to my doctor this week for many different reasons and I serously feel like I will loose my mind if I don't do anything. I don't have any discharge just itchy.
Does anyone have a good solution? Please? Please?

Old 08-21-2007, 04:07 AM   #2
(female)

tamela67 HB User
Re: Another yeast infection question

I know you can use the yeast infection cream like monistat on the outside which really helps the itch more than vagisil. You could just call the dr, tell him you have a yeast inf. and ask what you are allowed to use. Alot of that stuff is safe after the first trimester. I know I had them with all of my pregnancies but I also know I was not allowed to use the cream until later in the pregnancy but I am not sure at what point it is safe and unsafe.

Do you eat yogurt? My sister said she eats yogurt every day and it has helped her with that. I personally hate yogurt so I don't know if it really works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 06:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: Another yeast infection question

Often yeast infections are more persistant when you're pregnant, so you need to use a 7-night treatment instead of a 1 or 3 night treatment. I've always used Monistat for my yeast infections.

Bring it up to your doc when you see him. It is likely he can prescribe you something to take to help with the yeast infection.

I've been taking acidophilus pills daily throughout pregnancy to prevent yeast infections, and it does seem to be helping some. I've had one yeast infection so far while pregnant (I'm 24 weeks). If I don't take acidophilus daily, I pretty much have constant yeast infections. Mine are similar to yours; rarely, I get discharge, mostly I just itch like crazy. Yogurt helps too, but I've found I have to eat it daily for it to work; skipping a day or 2 is like begging the infection to come back and sometimes it's just inconvenient to have to eat yogurt daily or I don't have taste for it. My OB was fine with me taking acidophilus daily throughout pregnancy as he feels it's better than fighting constant yeast infections.

Another thing that helps is shaving your pubic hair. Or if not shaving it, trimming it with electric clippers because a lot of moisture can get trapped down there and that is the type of environment yeast prefers. Also be sure to always wear 100% cotton panties; that can help prevent future infections.

Closed Thread