It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User
Maybe post partum mommies can help

I am 14 weeks pregnant and my cousin just asked me to be her bridesmaid . She doesn t know i am pregnant yet...i plan to tell her this weekend.
I am due to give birth in the last week of Feb. My cousin s wedding is on the 11 th April. I know my cousin s going to insist but do you think it will be ok for me to be a bridesmaid 6 weeks after giving birth? I don t want to spoil her day in any way..........i am worried that it wont be easy getting any dress to fit.....how long does it normally take to get the weight off? And how long is the recovery time of a c section?

Thanks in advance

AMy

Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

JellyB_3 HB User
Re: Maybe post partum mommies can help

3 weeks after my c-section I was feeling great! But, I still had tons of weight to lose. by 6 weeks, you'll be fine, But, you may be better off finding a dress that's Empire waist so it's roomy enough to accomadate that post baby weight

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

i had a pregnant friend and a just had a baby friend in my bridal party and i picked dresses that would look great on smaller or larger framed or pregnant women, lol. everyone's weight gain is different during pregnancy, but if you just gain an average amount of weight i would just buy a dress maybe a size bigger or so then you are now, and you can always get it taken in thats why my friend did, she tried on dresses at 3 months pregnant, and bought one size bigger then that for my wedding, (fit her perfectly) my other friend tried on a size 2 that fit her (pre pregnancy) once she found out she was pregnant she ordered a size 6, but her belly bulged alot and last minute needed a size 12, that needed to be taken in everyhwere else besides her tummy, but none of that would have ruined my day, i was happy for them. and about recovering, jobs usually expect you to go back to work after 6 weeks vaginal 8 weeks c-section, so by 6 weeks you should be fine to be in a wedding (if you are up to it) good luck!!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Hey Amy, I am not post partum yet but I am the Maid of Honor in a wedding on Sept 22 and my due date is the 13th. Because she had specific dresses picked out for all of us, I had to order mine a while ago. I ordered a huge size AND 2 yards of extra fabric, and will need to have it altered at the last second before the wedding. If you ask me the whole situation really stinks and I wish I weren't having to deal with it, but I have no choice now! I am really worried about having to run around at the last minute with a new baby to get a dress altered, when I probably wont feel well either. And then having to go to an all day event with a new born who will need to be breast fed every 2 hours or so....AHHhh!
Anyway hopefully by 6 weeks post partum you will feel good and feel more settled in.

Last edited by megss; 08-30-2007 at 02:03 PM. Reason: mispelling

Old 08-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Yes, definitely try to find a dress that you can easily alter or can adjust easily in case you don't lose all the weight right away. I do know that breastfeeding is good for losing weight faster. It helps your uterous contract and go back to pre-pregnancy size faster. I know that's what helped me get my shape back sooner, but at the same time, everyone gains differently during pregnancy and everyone loses at different rates. I had a C-section and it took me a good 2-3 weeks before I was feeling good and wanted to go "out-and-about" and as long as I had the pain meds I was just fine. I actually was back at work in 4 weeks. Don't freak at first when you see your tummy after giving birth. I couldn't wait to look in the mirror at the hospital the day after having my daughter and let me tell you, I was horrified! lol. I still looked 5+ months pregnant and was convinced that was how I was going to be forever. Most of it is water and I would say the majority of the water weight (depending on how much you gain during) will go away in a few weeks.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

meggs 6 weeks seems very reasonable to be in a wedding, but the wedding your in is only 9 days after your baby is born?!?!? that is just crazy, what if your baby is late?!?! im not trying to jinx you.. im sorry i just think thats SOOOOOOOOOOO much to deal with, and the maid of honor is suppose to do it all for the friend. WOW.. you are a brave women. did you try to talk your friend into finding a new maid of honor?? it really isnt fair to you, practically a week after your baby is due, you should be home, not doing much, but sleeping when the baby sleeps, feeding the baby, and RELAXIN and RECOVERING. good luck hun, you are in my prayers

Old 08-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
(female)

abrniidgrl HB User

If it were me I would say your body will be okay but as I just had my first child all I wanted to do was cuddle him, sleep & rest even at six weeks. Especially breastfeeding. But I didnt take my son out till like 11 weeks because of germs & stuff like that & I just didnt feel comfortable taking such a small baby out so early in his life when everyone would want to touch him & breathe on him.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

ASPROUSEY I did try to get out of it...kinda. I said it in so many words, not directly. But she has been a complete Bride-zilla and only cares about herself. I had to give her a bachelorette party too! Even though I was only there for a couple hours I still had to pay for it!

Closed Thread