It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Had X RAY - now I think I'm pregnant!

Hi girls. I've been having a lot of stomach issues for the past month and a half. At the beginning of all the pain they tested my blood numerous times for pregnancy hormone to make sure it wasn't caused by that. The last time they tested that was one month ago. Thus when I had a barrium xray and a HIDA scan in mid august I thought there was no way I could be pregnant. Now I am nauseous ( which may be due to tummy probelms ) but now I am two weeks late on my period!

If I am pregnant is this dangerous to the embreyo?

Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: Had X RAY - now I think I'm pregnant!

Well, before worrying yourself, go out and take a test and see if it comes back positive or not.

I would think if you got X-rays before finding out you're pregnant, it probably won't do much harm to the baby, though you do want to mention it to your doctor. I have read numerous stories of women going out on drinking binges or taking no-no medications or getting an X-ray before finding out they were pregnant, and their babies turned out fine. Obviously, you don't want to be having X-rays if you know you are pregnant unless they're absolutely necessary, but I doubt you will have done lasting harm to the baby if you are pregnant.

Go out and get a home test since your period is late or see the doc and get a blood test done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 12:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Re: Had X RAY - now I think I'm pregnant!

Thanks - I'm going to send my husband by to pick up a test today.

God bless!

Closed Thread