It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

mamatbg HB User
Having contractions everyday, I am confused, how will I know when it is really time?

My lower back is always hurting, I am having contractions everyday. They have been constant and can be timed at at least 10 to 5 mins. apart. Yesterday, they were 5min apart for most of the day and lasted from 30 mins to eventually 75 mins. I thought it was really time, but by 1:00 in the morning, they went away. I am happy that I am almost 35wks. which I will be on Tues. but I am so confused about when to go in and when to stay home. Even my husband is getting tired of the false alarms and said " with the last baby your water broke, so why don't we just wait until your water breaks this time too and then we will know for sure it is real". Last time I almost didn't make it to the hospital in time, I don't want to take that chance. Everyone keep telling me that my 1st clue that labor is real is that I will be in terrible pain when it happens, but they told me that last time too but there wasn't a single clue until my water broke. All these contractions seem to be doing is making my stomach muscles sore, and keeping me up at night watching the clock and waiting for some great pain. How did any of you know when it was really time?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User
Re: Having contractions everyday, I am confused, how will I know when it is really ti

Hi hon
Well every pregnancy is different as is every labour. I was worried that I wouldn't know when I went into labour. I like you only knew when my water broke with my first. This last time (3 week ago) to be honest I had so many false alarms I really had no clue cause everytime I thought this is it. My DH was getting annoyed as well. My contractions woke me from my sleep and they were indeed painful. I went to the hospital when they were 7 min apart and I still wasn't sure. Aftre a couple of hours and they got more painful and loser together I was in labour. When in doubt go to the hospital. They said to me they would rather I keep showing up then arrive to late or not at all. Oh and I had contractions for the last month and ended up being 3 days late. Good luck Sherri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

gemmalou HB User
Re: Having contractions everyday, I am confused, how will I know when it is really ti

with ds i had sooooo many times where i thought i was in labour lol i would message everyone and tell them it had started, only to text them 5 hours later to say it stopped it didnt help that he was also 8 days late(i even fell down the stairs at 40wk+1dy and they were sure that would set me off!), i was sooo big everyone was telling me i would go early. i remember one time i woke at 3 am with really painful contractions, so we waited until 8am when i was still getting them, arranged for the in laws to have our dd,, dh called his work to take the day off and as soon as he did that they stopped,,,, lol

on the day he was born, i had contractions all day but minor braxton hicks (or so i thought) so i waited again, and when i was in too much pain i went to the hospital only to be told i was 8cms dilated (no epi,, ) and had my baby two hours later lol.

i remember thinking the exact same question, i would say you'll know as soon as you feel the labour pain, but some ladies dont get really bad pain, lol

i had braxton hicks from 32 weeks and im sure i annoyed everyone with my false starts but i guess it just keeps everyone on theyre toes

Last edited by gemmalou; 09-03-2007 at 01:35 AM.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:58 AM   #4
(female)

mamatbg HB User

Sherrie-Lynne and gemmalou,
Thanks so much for responding. I started to get really sad when I checked the post and didn't get a response. I started thinking I was the only one who had lots of false alarms and didn't know when to go to the hospital.
I will take your advice and go earlier on to the hospital, when I know it is really labor, because I want to have plenty of time to get ready to push. Like gemmalou, last time I got there and it was really chaotic with the nurses screaming "the baby's head is half way out, I don't want to deliver this baby, call the doctor quick." It was hard trying to not push until the doctor got there and I was terrified because the nurses acted so scared.
I think I just won't say anything to my dh until I know it is time and I am ready to go to the hospital though. I want him to be excited about it and not looking at me as if I was the boy crying wolf , if you know what I mean.

It is also very encouraging to see that you guys went to full term. My docs. don't think I will make it there but I am starting to think that I just might. Tomorrow I will be 35wks. One doc said I'd probably make it just to 34 and the other 36. I think 36 is very close to full term, isn't it? Anyway. Thanks for the encouragement. I keep you informed.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User

mamatbg- The doctor and my ob both told me there was no way I'd go to my EDD. They both said I would be at least a week or two early. But I went 3 days past it. They really have no clue. When I went into the hospital the day I had my DS I was only 1 cm dialated but my contractions were at 5 minutes apart so they kept me there and broke my water. I say if you think it's time go to the hospital. When I found out I was only 1cm my DH looked at me and rolled his eyes. I couldn't believe it I thought they were going to send me home but they didn't. 7 hours later I had my DS. Good luck hon. Sherri

Closed Thread