It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
27 weeks & barely looking pregnant...is this normal?

I'm pregnant with my first. I'm 27 weeks and still just barely showing. Strangers can't tell at all that I'm pregnant. I belong to a lot of pregnancy boards, and almost everyone posting pics who are as far along as I am look more obviously pregnant than I do. Now, I do definitely have a bit of a bump, especially compared to the beginning of my pregnancy, but it's just not an obvious bump wearing clothes I guess. I'm not terribly tall (I'm 5'4"), but maybe I've got a longer torso for my height or something. Doc did not seem concerned, I have gained 11 lb. from my pre-preg. weight and at 26 weeks, my fundal height was 25 cm, and he said +/- up to 2 cm from the week was normal.

Anyone else take so long to show with their first? Is this normal? It just seems weird to get so far along and people still don't notice! You can tell, I guess, if I'm in my underwear or wearing a sports bra with a bare midriff, but that's about it. I thought I would surely be showing quickly. My pre-pregnancy weight was low-normal for my height (117 lb.), I've got a small frame size, I'm not terribly tall. It just seems strange.

Last edited by livinTX; 09-13-2007 at 07:48 AM.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

neshee HB User
Re: 27 weeks & barely looking pregnant...is this normal?

Well, you certainly aren't a big girl! I am, and it took me until at least 20 weeks just to get into maternity clothes. With my first. My second I was showing at 13 weeks! Don't worry, as long as your measuring normal, you are fine! You may have more room inside your body so the baby is pusing in more instead of out. That happens with some women, and trust me, you will be popping out more week upon week now that you are 13 weeks to delivery. You still have that many more to go, so you will be popped out really soon!! If you want to wear clothing to make you look more pregnant (yes, I liked the attention from strangers too!! NOTHING wrong with that...)try shirts that tie just under your breasts. These really help, or dresses that do the same. Low rise maternity pants too work well. Maternity clothes are really cute!! Good luck and I hope you show more soon!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sprout07 HB User

I had this too...I am 29 weeks and at my 26 week appt I actually asked my ob if I was measuring on track because I seemed so small and had people commenting on how small I was for that far along. I measured right on. After that appt I popped out like overnight. I had a certain pair of shorts that I was wearing all summer and within like 3 days they went from fitting fine to being too small! I thought I shrunk them in the dryer! And ever since then my belly has been growing quickly. I too have a long torso and I have wide hips, so I think I just carried well because I had room for the baby to grow before having to grow out. You're probably just fine if your fundal height measurement is on track.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
(female)

leec41604 HB User

I'll be 32 weeks Saturday and a couple people have said within the last couple of weeks that I'm finally looking pregnant. Just wait you'll be sick of maternity clothes before long. I can't stand wearing maternity jeans...they're either to big and won't stay on my belly or they are too tight and uncomfortable. Everyone is different, as long as your little bundle is measuring right.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

With my first..I didn't really pop out until about 28 weeks..with the 2nd I popped out at about 20 weeks.
Congrats!
S

Closed Thread