It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

uma_anne HB User
cramping in third trimester?

I'm 32 weeks along and recently have experienced occasional menstrual like cramping. I notice it the most after physical activity such as walking or even standing for a long time. It's usually accompanied by mild lower back pain also. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal?

Old 09-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: cramping in third trimester?

Hello I just posted a silmilar question. What has your doctor told you. Did he say it is normal. I am trying to find out for a young friend ....

thank you for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmarie313 HB User

I began going into preterm labor and that is one of the signs. I would definitely stay off your feet and contact your doctor right away. They gave me a Pre-Term Labor card with signs/symptoms and they are both listed on the card. I do not mean to scare you and hopefully it is nothing, but both those symptoms can be signs of pre-term labor. Keep me posted on what happens!
cmarie
*Olivia Grace born 10/23/07...our little miracle!

Old 09-16-2007, 11:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

Cmarie is right, these were my signs of preterm labor. Put your feet up, drink lots of water, and call your doc immediately. Take it from someone who knows and has experienced it. You do not want a preemie if you can help it. It is so hard to leave your baby at the hospital when you are discharged home. Good luck and keep us posted.

Amy

Old 09-16-2007, 01:07 PM   #5
(female)

uma_anne HB User

Thanks for your responses! The doc actually didn't seem terribly concerned when I mentioned this to her (though I wonder if that might have had something to do with the fact that she's just newly hired to the practice). She told me I should make sure I'm maintaining adequate fluid intake and not getting dehydrated. And she told me that if I get crampy during physical activities such as walking, that I should by a belly support belt...so I guess I'll just have to take it easy and see how it goes.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

Not to make you worry any more, but my doc told me the same thing and I went in to my high risk OB for a ROUTINE u/s and they FOUND me in labor, 5cm dilated and 100% effaced, when my OB brushed me off. If the symptoms continue, INSIST on an u/s to check for cervical change. Don't take any chances, you know your body better than anyone else.

Good luck.

Amy

Old 09-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmarie313 HB User

I totally agree with sobannon! Sometimes doctors will just pass their patients over and then it is too late. It can not hurt for them to have you come in and check everything out. It is so crazy that they seem to always fall back on dehydration!!!! Keep us posted.
cmarie
*Olivia Grace born 10/23/07...our little miracle!

Old 09-17-2007, 09:02 AM   #8
(female)

uma_anne HB User

OK, that's definitely good to know - you're right, better to err on the safe side and trust one's self rather than the docs. The crampiness did go away but today I had Braxton Hicks contractions that occurred pretty closely together. So I'm definitely a little nervous here.

Closed Thread