It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

cinqo HB User
My cramps have stopped!

I just want to make sure I'm not freaking out over nothing.

Ever since the day after conception, I've been having cramps every day (I knew I was pregnant right away because of this). As of the end of last week, they've been gone. I'm 9 weeks today.

Did anyone else experience a lapse in cramping?

I'm worried because stupid me, I read something that said that sometimes a sign of miscarriage is "not feeling pregnant anymore". To me, the daily cramps were one of my only reminders, and now that they're gone.... ?

Hoping someone can shed some light on this. Thanks!

Old 10-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sprout07 HB User
Re: My cramps have stopped!

I don't remember when the typical period like cramps stopped for me. All I can say is that they don't last forever. At least not continually. All of the symptoms come and go. I know my bbs hurt for about 4 days and then they stopped and I was convinced I had miscarried. Then I was exhausted for weeks and then felt better, and I was convinced I had miscarried. And the whole pregnancy kind of goes on like that. Like I had sciatic nerve pain at about 22 weeks for about 2 weeks, and then that stopped. No one will know what it going on in there until they listen with doppler or see on ultrasound, but just because cramps stopped doesn't mean you miscarried. From what I've been told, as long as you're not bleeding or in severe pain, things are likely ok. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User

No, you're not freaking over nothing. Just as sprout was saying, all of us have times when we don't feel pregnant. I've had ultrasounds at 8 and 9 weeks so I know there's a baby in there and here I am 17 weeks and don't feel pregnant very much of the time. My cramping stopped at 9 or 10 weeks too. you'll feel better after you hear the heartbeat in a couple weeks. keep us posted!

Vi

Old 10-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

I had cramping regularly through about 7 weeks and then sporadically after that until around 13 weeks (it was no longer every day or even every other day, maybe once every 5 or 6 days).

My whole first trimester, I didn't "feel" pregnant, especially since I never had morning sickness and just had sore breasts for less than a week around 9-10 weeks, and a minimal level of fatigue. Even the second trimester, despite gaining weight, beginning to develop a bit of a belly, leaking colostrum, and feeling movement, I still didn't "feel" pregnant. Now, in the third trimester, I finally "feel" pregnant; that is due to the belly making me clumsy and it getting difficult to get out of bed or up from the floor.

Many women begin to experience a lessening of symptoms around 10 weeks, as the placenta begins to take over. It's very normal to worry about it, but I'm sure all is fine. Enjoy this time while you feel well and before your belly begins to slow you down!

Old 10-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
(female)

cinqo HB User

Thanks for all the kind words, ladies! It really does help to know that others out there have felt unsure at times.

I'm actually feeling incredibly bloated today - could be last night's dinner, but it could be my new symptom to look forward to

My first OB appointment is next Wednesday; I just keep holding out for that to know that everything is okay.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread