It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 06:48 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ishade HB User
Pubic Dysplasia (SPD)

anyone ever had this or heard of this? I was diagnosed with this at about 20 weeks. Well I'm 36 weeks now and I've been able to manage the pain until now. I think he dropped and now I have terrible pain, I can barely walk. I've been having alot of contractions as well and lower back pain. I am thinking about talking to my doctor about an early induction. I have an appointment on wednesday of next week....what do you all think about asking for an early induction?

Old 10-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sprout07 HB User
Re: Pubic Dysplasia (SPD)

I have never heard of this but I know a lot of women have pelvic discomfort as the pubic bone spreads to make room for the passage of the baby. I'm sure it is even more painful to have dysplasia. Have you mentioned your contractions and back pain to your doctor? Maybe nature is getting things started for you without the need for induction. In any case, I hope you feel better and that if it is causing enough pain, your doctor would consider induction at least a few weeks early.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
(female)

findingbalance HB User
Re: Pubic Dysplasia (SPD)

Another woman in my moms group was diagnosed with this as well. She was carrying twins so they put her in the hospital to help manage the pain for a few days while they checked the lung development of the babies. She ended up having a C-section several days later (She also had pre-existing back problems so vaginal delivery was not an option for her.) She was at 33 weeks and both babies are doing great and sleeping through the night at 3 months!

If the pain is bothering you that much, you should call your doctor right away. The stress of not being able to walk and being in so much pain is not good for you or your baby. At 36 weeks, the baby is probably ready to be born. It never hurts to call the doctor, they signed up for it when they became OBs! Good luck and take of yourself!

Closed Thread