It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User
Bleeding at 28 weeks

I had some unexplained bleeding today and I'm wondering if it's happened to anyone else. I had to pee and when I wiped, it was like wiping during AF. It was bright red and took 4 wipes until it was gone. I immediately called the doc and went in. By the time I got there, I wasn't bleeding anymore. Everything was good. HB was 145, she was moving a lot, cervix closed, and he saw no evidence of bleeding. I thought it might've been a hemmorhoid, but I didn't notice any bleeding from it. MD isn't worried, so I'm trying not to worry either. But what could've caused it? Oh yeah, no BD, exercising, or heavy lifting lately either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Teraina HB User
Re: Bleeding at 28 weeks

Have you had an ultrasound with this pregnancy? Sometimes placenta previa can cause bleeding later in pregnancy. If you've had an ultrasound they've probably already ruled that out. Other than that I'm not sure sometimes they never find out why. I bled with DD at 10 weeks. It was bright red and quite a bit I thought for sure I'd lost her. I went to the ER and they did an ultrasound and everything was fine. They have no clue why I bled.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Hi there,

I had bleeding throughout my pregnancy...first around 7 weeks, then again around 13 weeks (a lot this time...and a trip to the emergency room), and finally around 28 or 30 weeks...each time it was unexplained, and the baby was fine (she's sleeping now, my beautiful baby at 3 months old)...but they did give me more frequent u/s. I believe I had 5 or 6 total and usually my docs only do 1...they found tiny tears in my placenta that was causing the bleeding....but they weren't sure what was causing the tiny tears.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Sarah

Old 10-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #4
(female)

teach0721 HB User

I had bleeding at 28 weeks. My cervix was closed but I was also having contractions. Doctor took me off of work but did not put me on bedrest. I had an u/s after that and everything looked great. Then again last week at 31 weeks and 3 days, I had some major bleeding. Gushing as a matter of fact. I went back to the hospital and stayed for a few days. Ultrasound again showed no sign of any problems with the placenta. One of my dr's says it has to be the placenta even though the u/s looks fine, the other dr says it is from the contractions. I am now on bedrest and brethine. Take it easy and be careful. Bleeding that much is a little scary even though the baby is fine! Take care and good luck!

Closed Thread