It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

HamuChan HB User
Question When do you start to show??? Is your belly showing?

I am only 10 weeks so I am obviously not showing yet. But, I am wondering when it's typical to start showing. Do people begin noticing at about 4 month? 6 months? What do you think?

This is my first pregnancy so I am just wondering.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User
Re: When do you start to show??? Is your belly showing?

This is my first as well...I was showing (at least to myself as early as 8 weeks), but I recently POPPED around 24 weeks and cant even hide my huge belly behind my biggest sweatshirt! LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Everyone is different. With my first pregnancy I didnt start showing until around 30 weeks. I did a little before then but not enough for people to think I was pregnant, more just gained a little weight. My sister however started to show with my first niece at about 22 weeks. Like I said everyone is different

Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kirsten07 HB User

i didnt start showing until the begiggning of my 6th month, i'm 25 weeks along right now but its not very obvious still, people still have to ask me and confirm it lol so i think it just depends on your body, when i was 5 months no one could believe it because i was sooo small and you couldnt tell unless i told them i was prego....... i grew to the size i am now in 3 weeks and it HURT! alot of people told me i'm lucky because they were poppimg out at 4 months so i wouldnt worry at all as along and your Doc says your baby it growing and healthy.

Last edited by kirsten07; 11-29-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

It's different for everybody. I'm pregnant with my first and didn't start getting a small belly until around 27 weeks. Strangers didn't start noticing until I was around 30 weeks. Before then, it just looked like I was developing a bit of a beer belly or something.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:23 AM   #6
(female)

Brownie110 HB User

Wow...I wish I didnt start showing so soon...Im 13 weeks pregnant with twins...and I started showing at 11 weeks

Old 11-30-2007, 05:35 AM   #7
(female)

findingbalance HB User

I'm pregnant with my third. At fourteen weeks I am starting to show a little although it really just looks like I have packed on some extra weight. With each pregnancy, the belly has shown earlier and earlier.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:14 AM   #8
(female)

stonebonner HB User

I think around 20 weeks with my first I was showing a little and the second a little earlier, the third I feel like I have been showing forever. I recently just popped about 2 days ago and I am 27 weeks and everyone now comments on my belly. Don't worry, soon enough you will be popping out and wishing or your old body back.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

for each person and pregancy, it's different. Generally, first pregnancies are said to take longer to "show" because of the tautness of abdominal muscles. Second, third etc pregnancies usually are said to "pop" earlier because of lax muscles...

With my first, I really didn't look pregnant until about 6.5-7 months. prior to that, i just looked like i was getting fat. people were always unsure as to whether to ask if i was expecting of if i just packed on the pounds...

showing has it's advantages, people are definitely nicer to you, help you more etc...bad thing is that people want to tell you their life story about all their pregnancies, their friends blah blah blah....when you get big, the belly gets in the way--gets hard to wash dishes haha....and you just wish for your old body back...

don't worry, in good time you'll show

Old 12-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I agree! I am 26 weeks with my 2nd baby and have been poking out a bit for a few weeks now. Some people still don't know if they should assume yet, lol. Everyone keeps telling me how small I look and they can't believe I'm pregnant, but I always just tell them that I know I will pop out! I remember the 8th & 9th month with my daughter I looked like I had a watermelon in my belly. It is amazing how big your belly can actually stretch.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #11
(female)

Skylar_ HB User

Does how quickly you show have anything to do with your size before pregnancy? For example does a slim person show sooner than a more sturdy person? It would seem that someone who was just skin and bones to start with might show more quickly.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

Sometimes, your pre-pregnancy weight doesn't affect showing as much as you might think. I was fairly small pre-preg. (116 lb. at 5'4"; I have a small frame size). It still took until I was around 30 weeks for strangers to start noticing (this is my 1st pregnancy). Now, I did look like I was gaining weight in the meantime (and I was), but by no means did I have an obvious pregnant belly. I do have a longer torso than other women my height and also had tighter abs pre-pregnancy; I'm not sure if that affected it as well.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #13
(female)

Rach28 HB User

With my first baby I was in maternity clothes at 10wks and had a very visible bump. I was two stone overweight when I got pg and ended up putting on 3 1/2 stone taking me u to a whopping 16stone at 5ft 6!! With this pg I was a good weight to start and fit - I ran 1.5 miles 3 times a wk in 12mins and am now 13 1/2 wks along and not showing. I haven't told work yet HR lady on course for last two wks and not one person has said anything to me!! Planning to tell HR on Monday but no one else til after christmas when I will be 16 1/2 wks!! By the end of the day I am bigger than the morning but nothing huge. All our family and friends know but want to leave work as long as I can so that I don't get how are you feeling twenty times a day !! My SIL is pg with her second and showed instantly I think it all depends on your muscle tone/weight

Rach x
P.s Sometimes I wonder if I am pg now m/s has gone!!

Last edited by Rach28; 12-04-2007 at 09:29 AM.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #14
(female)

saskflash HB User

i'm 12 weeks, and i'm not showing at all! I wish I was!

Closed Thread