It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Gioparis HB User
measuring small?

I went to my doctor today and he measured me and i was between 26cm-27cm, and im 27weeks and 4 days- i told him arent i supposed to be atleast 27cm he said no all is fine- how is everyone measuring? even though the doc isnt worried i am a bit! is this normal? what classifies as measuring too small? how off in numbers do you have to be?

Old 12-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User
Re: measuring small?

i was told it was ok to measure up to 2cm either way
ive been measuring 2cm ahead since i was 22 weeks, im now 35.4w and still the same
lucii xx

Last edited by lucii; 12-04-2007 at 03:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Gioparis HB User

i measured myself today and i seem to have shrunk! is that possible or am i measurings my first wrong?
it seems like alot of ppl measure ahead- except me- what is that due to? its my first pregnancy and im 28 weeks and gained a total or 13lbs so far- is that too little?
does wait gain have to do with how big yur measuring?

Old 12-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

I measured 2cm ahead starting around 24 weeks and ended up having a large baby (8lbs 11oz) on my due date

Old 12-08-2007, 05:32 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Gioparis HB User

see everyone seems to be measuring AHEAD, im measuring behind! im so concerened about this. my doc doesnt seem to be but i am, do i need to eat more?

Last edited by Gioparis; 12-08-2007 at 05:32 AM.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:14 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

Don't worry, you are not alone, I'm right here with you. I have been measuring two to three weeks behind for a while now too.
First of all my doctor told me that when you measure you can always be within two to three weeks and be safe. I am currently 37 weeks and measure 34 weeks. This has been going on since my 32 week. I do weekly ultra-sounds and from this week we start doing weekly stress tests. Basically the baby is growing but he is small. Some woman have small babies. My first was exactly the same, she was born weighing only 5.5lbs.
As long as you are eating well and the doctor is not worried you should relax and just enjoy your pregnancy. They will let you know if something is wrong. Sometimes the way the baby is positioned can make a difference too.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:37 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Gioparis HB User

I thought though that the size of the baby has nothing to do with the size of the mom- which doesnt make sense but thats wht ive been told,
my baby girl is breech so far- could that contribute? Iv gained about 6 kilos so far- which is roughly 2.2lbs a month- is that not enough?! im such a worrier

Old 12-08-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

lucii HB User

i wouldnt worry about how much you weigh to much, i currently weigh 9lb LESS than when i fell pg, i had no morning sickness and ive eaten properly, and my midwife says baby is fine
lucii xx

Old 12-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

Well I havent had a belly measurement, but my little one measured behind on u/s =( I was 27 weeks and her head measurement was 25 weeks and 6 days and her leg measurement was 26 weeks and 2 days...I cant help but worry either, especially about her head measurement.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Gioparis HB User

gr8 mine too- all her measurments were not the same, some parts measured exactly right, and some were behind- but the doc didnt seem concerened at all..he told me i worry too much..but i cant help it

Old 12-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gioparis View Post
gr8 mine too- all her measurments were not the same, some parts measured exactly right, and some were behind- but the doc didnt seem concerened at all..he told me i worry too much..but i cant help it
That makes me feel a little better.

Im worried about her head measuring so small, so of course I start to read and learn that Down's babies have smaller heads...so now Im worrying myself sick =(

Old 12-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #12
(female)

survivor00 HB User

I am suppossed to be 18 weeks today. The last ultrasound I had was Dec 3rd and they said the baby was measuring about 1 week off. I guessed at my last start date of my period because I wasnt sure of the date. I went back today and had another ultrasound. The baby had grown but not as much as it should. He said now it looked like it was about 2 weeks off. I am 39 and had a first trimester screening and the blood test showed high risk for Down's. I dont really want to do an amnio. The heart is forming, the heartbeat is good, the spine is formed, has 5 fingers and toes on each limb, baby is moving. But they were worried about the brain. 2 of the ventricles are enlarged, maybe due to pressure from fluid, they arent sure right now. Also at ultrasound on dec 3 he thought he seen the nose bone, today he said only the tip had formed. Which he says all this is a sign of Down's. Even if I have an amio and it comes back ok or not I still have to worry about a brain issue. I am very confused and dont know what to do. Does anyone know if the brain issue can catch up forming or the size of baby? Or does anyone know if it could just be a small b aby?? Would appreciate any info!

Closed Thread