It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User
Pregnancy and Boils?

This is really embarrasing, but I have a boil on my butt and am a little freaked out. I went to the urgent care center to have it checked out cause I thought it was a spider bite, and obviously its not. Anyway he prescribed to me antibiotics and I am so afraid to take them for the baby's sake. . I decided to wait it out and see if it clears up on its own using antibiotics as last resort. Anyone ever have this problem? I have never had anything like this at all. Any suggestions?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
Re: Pregnancy and Boils?

Are these like big painful pimples? If so I got quite a few of these when I was pregnant with my daughter. I always got them on my inner thigh and near my butt. I was mortified and it looked like I had some kind of disease! I only got 1-2 at a time and they lasted for a few weeks, so I was pretty sure they weren't just pimples. Once I had my daughter they stopped showing up & I've never had one again. I think it may be pregnancy related, but if you can stand them & don't want to take the meds I would just wait it out and then if they keep showing up after baby is born then you could try treating them.

Hopefully your case is like mine & it's just due to the pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

Yes they are exactly big painful pimples LOL! I have been sitting on a heating pad for 2 days trying to get this thing to come to a head and pop! I really don't want to take the antibiotic unless I absolutly have to.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Ok at least I can relate for sure now. They are just awful, I know. I do remember having the remaining ones for a month or 2 post pardum...but no new ones showed up. I even tried using proactive on them since I use it on my face...I did all 3 steps, lol...but to no avail. Definitely a hormone thing...maybe you're having a girl since I got them with my girl. I am 34 weeks with a boy this time and have not seen a single one!

Old 01-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

LOL They think its a girl, but her legs were crossed so I have another ultrasound next week. I can't wait.
How did you treat yours? I have been doing warm compresses but I can't seem to get the thing to come to a head.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I don't think there was much I could do. I never mentioned it to my Dr. so I never got anything prescribed to treat it. I had just thought they were random pimples at the time so I did the face wash figuring it couldn't hurt. I think I tried pimple cream as well but none of it worked. Popping it would have been FAR too painful...I tried and as soon as I realized how painful it would be I wimped out. I probably would have been in tears had I kept trying They just went away on their own, they left kind of a prupleish scar but all the scars are completely gone now (my daughter is almost 2) and they have been gone for quite some time.

I wouldn't be surprised if your baby was a girl

Old 01-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
(female)

ejs HB User

Not sure if it's safe while pregnant, but you could also call a dermatologist and see about getting a dilute cortisone shot - they basically give you a shot right in the oil and it makes it go away.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:16 AM   #8
(female)

Fertile_Myrtle HB User

I've lived my whole life with abcesses like that.... I ended up having to have a breast reduction at 17 because of them... For me its a herditary thing....

But I do notice that when I get hormone surges and when I'm pregnant, I'm more prone to them... Warm compresses are about the only thing that helps, other than when they do finally burst, they feel 100% better.... I've had to take a sterile needle to a few to lance them because they were so painful....

Old 01-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

I have had this thing for almost a week now, and it has shrunk to almost nothing. It hasn't burst nor has shown any signs of bursting. I do see a little tiny pus head but nothing more then the size of a pin head. Its ugly. Do you think it will just go away without bursting?

Old 01-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Mine just shrunk until they were nothing...like I mentioned before...they did leave a purplish scar for awhile though. I hope yours don't scar.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

Thanks guys!!! My tooshie is feeling much better!! Still not gone all the way, but I can sit now ! LOL

Closed Thread