It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

DVS HB User
lump on one side of belly

Hello Ladies! I'm 16 wks 4 dys, and I have a question. I haven't started feeling my baby move yet. Well, actually I think I have felt the baby a few times, but nothing definitive. Well, earlier I was laying down and when I was about to get up, I was laying on my back for a second and I felt my belly. Well, the right side of my belly was really firm, and then I felt the left side and it was squishy. Is it too early for the baby to be completely laying on one side and causing it to feel firm like that? I can't imagine what else it could be, I was laying on my right side before that, so that could be exactly why he/she was laying that way. It still feels firmer on the right side, but not as firm as it did a little while ago. A braxton hicks contraction would be my whole belly right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

meechieny HB User
Re: lump on one side of belly

Braxton Hicks are the whole uterus. It's a little early for that also.
To be honest....I bet it is stool. Your GI tract slows down so much during pregnancy....it's your body's way of absorbing as many vitamins, nutrients and fluid as it can for you and the baby. Things just seem to hang out and make your belly hard.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User
Re: lump on one side of belly

I started feeling contractions with my last 2 babies at 14 weeks. (not with my first until 30 weeks or so) But that is exactly what my belly looks or feels like. just one side, i guess it's because the uterus doesn't take up the whole abdomen. I am 19 weeks now, and it is still somewhat that way, but taking up more room now. As far as it being stool, the colon runs along the left, so if it were stool, it would be on that side. I can't really tell how my baby is laying, so i would guess it is contractions. and not nessarily braxton hicks (which is your body practicing for labor) . you have contractions from the beginning. (which i had no idea until this (my 3rd) pregnancy) Most people don't feel them at all. But that is how the uterus grows, it contracts and when it releases, then it grows a bit. like i said i had no idea this was even going on until i was having an ultrasound at 12 weeks and was having a contraction that i couldn't feel, and the ultrasound tech explained it to me. And my belly was a little harder on one side. so it could be that, you just not feeling it, but seeing it. I know i am rambling and hope this makes some sense. have a great weekend!
Brandi

Closed Thread