It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Anyone having a natural childbirth?

Is anyone here plan on having a natural childbirth that is drug free? Has anyone taken hynobirthing classes? How are they?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User
Re: Anyone having a natural childbirth?

I had natural child birth, no pain meds for my first--and I am planning on doing it the same way for my second. I do have a pretty good tolerance for pain.

I actually heard a bit about hypnobirthing, and I know a girlfriend of mine LOVED the classes and it relaxed her so much. I didn't take any classes myself.

I just tried to keep my breathing even, and concentrated when the contractions came along. I just zoned off and squeezed whatever was near me (the railing, a loufa, my hubby lol) Taking a hot shower helped SO much. Walking helped as well. Some hospitals also have hot baths too....these things work really well!! I liked the freedom of being able to walk around, switch positions and deal with the pain my own way--when it came time to push, it actually made the contractions feel better.

When the time comes, just find what works for you and use it--you may decide on some pain meds, you may be able to tough it out. But don't exhaust yourself if it goes on for a while. I was able to do it because my labor was pretty darn short. If it had gone on for a day or so, you bet your bottom dollar I would have had an epi eventually.

Good luck hon and remember...labor ends at some point! It does not go on forever....so relax. I've heard some horror stories that scared the crap out of me....and I had a pretty uneventfull birth. In fact, when I saw my little baby boy, I didn't care about the pain at all I was just happy he was healthy and fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

I also has a natural childbirth and I was also able to fully relax to the point of nearly falling asleep during the breaks between contractions. I think we need to provide support for those who want to follow through on natural childbirths. My midwife only does on average 1 epsiotomy a year out of a couple hundred births. It was a lot of hard work, but I defintely felt great afterwards knowing what I accomplished and that I did it naturally. I don't have a high threshold for pain, but it isn't low either. I was just very determined to do this for my baby and myself, my body. I put trust in myself knowing that the womans body knows how to do this and women can been giving birth since the beginning of time without harmful drugs. I found many people would try to bring me down while I was pregant. Nurses encouraged me to pick a drug anyways and that there is nothing wrong and no risks with drugs and that most women give birth that way now including themselves. Also, at parties, because I was pregant women would start dicussions about their births and talk about epidurals and they would ask me what I planned on getting and when I told them naturally they would always try to talk me out of it, tell me I am crazy and were never supportive. In my weakest moments when the pain was great, that have me the strength to keep going.

Last edited by AlexaIn2006; 02-03-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

haha yea I know.....well I don't judge anyone who wants to use pain meds, but I know I get a lot of crazy looks when I tell people I want to do it naturally. Some people are very passionate about "converting" me. I tell them that they don't have to have the baby for me, so why should they worry? *shrug*

Old 02-04-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User

Instead of responding to inappropriate posts, please click the report bad post. Thank you.

Closed Thread