It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

PuppyLove717 HB User
When does the baby drop?

I am almost 32 weeks. Is it possible for the baby to drop this early? I feel like I have gotten smaller- atleast to me I don't feel very big. One of my family members said it looks like I dropped already- I see her 2 times a week. I have plenty of room by my ribs-I have yet to be kicked in them. I have been feeling the need to pee a little more. The other night it felt like he was curled up very low pushing on my bladder alot. Even my DH could feel that he was down low in a ball. I have also been having alot of hip pain and pelvic bone pain( the bones between my legs that you sit on I guess.) It almost feels like I just got off of a horse?! Is this normal hip spreading that comes with pregnancy or does this usually happen when the baby drops? I have an ultrasound monday so Im sure the doctor will be able to tell me more but I was just curious as to what you guys think? If it is possible for him to drop this early could I go into labor early?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User
Re: When does the baby drop?

I definitely felt like my son dropped at around this time. Two people in one day said to me at my work that it looked like I had dropped. I swear I could feel it too. My son felt soooooo low and my pelvis hurt. I also went into labor at week 36 and delivered a 7 lb. 4 oz. boy. I would say I definitely dropped when I thought I had. If you feel different and you think that is what is going on, then it very well may be the case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

PuppyLove717 HB User

Thank you for sharing your experience! I just went to the doctors today and had an ultrasound. The u/s tech didn't say anything about dropping, but she did say he is head down and in the right position. Does this mean the same thing? Also the est. his weight at 5lbs right now which they said is normal(sounded heavy to me but then again I though I looked small!) So they est. him to be a 7-8lbs at full term. I guess is he does happen to come on the earlier side he will still be a good size boy!

Old 02-12-2008, 07:04 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

I am not sure if the head being down and into position means the baby has dropped. That is a good question - maybe a new thread?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I was kind of wondering the same thing myself. I am 36.5 weeks and was looking at my belly in the mirror last night and I swear it looks lower. I really don't know what it feels like to drop b/c my 1st baby never dropped. I do remember with my 1st I was waaaaaay more uncomfortable at this point than I am with this baby. My 1st kicked me in the ribs all the time and they hurt soooo bad! It almost felt like a burning feeling on my ribs. This one I have not expereinced any of this at all and I am still feeling great, not miserable like I did the 1st time around.

I know every pregnancy is different, but this still makes me wonder...

Old 02-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

meechieny HB User

Baby dropping refers to when the baby's head lowers down into your pelvis. They also call in "engaging." It's not necessarily a sign of labor because it can happen weeks before.
I think it feels like you have a little more pressure, but also a little more comfortable because the baby isn't pushing on your diaphragm and bladder as much.
Good luck to you.

Closed Thread