It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User
March Mommies- March Thread! Yippee!

I am sitting around trying to keep my BP and swelling down. So, I am online a lot these days, although I am having a hard time typing due to numbness in my hands. I just wanted to start the official March thread.

Here we go. I wonder who will be first????

-Jen

Old 03-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
Re: March Mommies- March Thread! Yippee!

Yipee is right! It's finally our month!!! I am in disbelief I will have Cody in my arms in 2 days. We're hopefully going to take it easy this weekend and just wait for Monday. Though it hasn't really hit me yet I'm sure I won't sleep a wink Sunday night.

Have you heard anything new from the Dr. yet Jen? Is the Dr. keeping a close watch on you? I wonder since you're so close if you can just be induced??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
(female)

baltimorebaby HB User

I can't believe it's finally our month!

Brooke-- good luck on Monday! It's so exciting that you're finally going to meet your little boy!

I am 38 weeks today! Yay! I had my first internal exam on Wednesday,and the doctor said I am 2cm dilated and 70% effaced. I wonder hoe long I'll stay that way. She said it could be anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks! I am so ready to have him though! I haven't had any noticeable contractions, but have felt some pressure down low. My husband's sister is predicting 1 week! My birthday is Wednesday, so it would be funny if he came on my birthday.
I am dreadfully sick right now. I have the worst cough and sinus infection,and I am still working at the moment, so it's taking me forever to get over it.

I hope you are all doing great! Brooke's going first. I wonder who will be after her?

Ashley
EDD March 16
It's a Boy!

Old 03-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
(female)

Karen62705 HB User

Hi Girls! I haven't posted here in a while but wanted to update. Today was my due date, but my little guy decided to come a bit early. Nathan was born on 2/24 weighing 8lbs. 2oz. and 20.5 inches. Everything was great and he's just perfect! I'm adjusting to life with a toddler and a newborn. So far it's wonderful!

Good luck to you all that are soooo close to meeting your little ones! I can't wait to start reading about all the births!

Old 03-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User

Hi, Since my bp keeps creeping up a little every week I'm going to be induced tomorrow evening, the 2nd. As of last Monday I was 2cm dilated so I'm hoping the induction goes smoothly and my little guy gets here safely. I'm 39 weeks on Sunday and on the u/s on Thursday he was 8lb3oz give or take a lb. I probably won't post again until I have my birth story so good luck to all of you!! I hope your deliverys go great!

Vi

Old 03-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Magster- sounds like you will be the first March mommy!!! At least with being induced you are in a controlled environment where they can watch you more closely. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, best of luck

Baltimore- That's exciting you're already dilated! You never know, you could have him anytime, I bet you're anxious wondering when your day will be

Karen- Glad to hear everything is all well with your new son. I love the name Nathan. Also I'm glad to hear you're adjusting well with a toddler...I'm a little aprehensive of life with a new baby AND a very demanding toddler. I'm sure it will be okay once we're adjusted, but I guess we always fear the unknown.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #7
(female)

mugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB User

Good luck magster and Brooke! This is getting exciting. I'm looking forward to the birth stories. I'm about 38 weeks. I started gathering things for my hospital bag, just in case. I just hope I don't give birth til after my last day of work, March 11.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

Hi all, borderline Feb/March mom now officially I guess in the March category!

I'm past my official US-based "due date" in Feb, so looks like I'm going to March. Actually I will be 40 wks LMP on Mon (the 3rd), so I'm not at all surprised I'm in the March side. That was my original simplistic calendar-approach date.

Nothing much is happening, except he's engaged and minor contractions (which I don't really know). No dilation, no moved-up cervix, nothing. Doctor on Fri DID say it looks like I've "lightened". (Doesn't feel like it much!)

He doesn't want me to go beyond a week after my official due date. So, looks like I will definitely be in labor or actually have the baby next Friday! If not a bit sooner. He will induce me by then for sure if I haven't gone on my own! And here it is Sat/Sun, no sign of anything exciting!

Old 03-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

This is getting exciting! My C Section is scheduled for Thursday at 7:30!! Good luck to all, I cant wait til the birth stories start coming in =))

Old 03-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Lots of luck Magster!!! Can't wait to hear your birth story

Old 03-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

Good Luck tomorrow Brooke! Ill be thinking of you and Cody =)

Mags- cant wait to hear how everything went!

Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Thanks G8r! I doubt I'll sleep much tonight. I'll let everyone know how everything went when I'm home.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:12 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Vi REally hope that all went well and you are holding your little one in your arms. CAn t wait to read your birth story.

Brooke good luck today i am sure that all will be ok.

Rest of the moms to be good luck not long to go now.

AMy

Old 03-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #14
(female)

mugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB User

I just had my 38 week appointment. I'm 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated, but they're acting like I won't give birth for like 3 weeks, which I guess means I'd have to be induced. Except she acted like I might not give birth til April but the other doctor acted like I'd be induced on March 24th because they don't let you go past 41 weeks. She said some other patient who is 36 weeks is already 4 cm dilated, and she called my cervix stubborn. So now I'm kind of bummed not much is happening and that I'll have to keep having more of these stupid cervical checks. Hrmph. My new gym ball arrived though, so maybe that will do something.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

37 hours til my C Section!! Im sooo nervous! I really dont want to be put to sleep, but it seems that at the hospital I am going to, epis arent taking very well?? So I said well what if it doesnt work and they said they would have to put me under =((

Closed Thread