It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User
Taylor Peyton is here!!!!

Our little love arrived on 3/6/08 (my due date) by scheduled C Section.

We went in at 5:30 am on 3/6 and they started the ivs. I was absolutely terrified of the surgery (the spinal wouldnt work and I would have to go completely under, the baby wouldnt be crying when she came out, and my fear or the amniotic emobism). When they hooked me up to the monitors, they could tell that my blood pressure were pretty high and asked if I was nervous. LOL The nurse was amazing and I was actually able to calm myself down for a while. The anesthesiologist came in to meet with me and was really nice. He explained the spinal and said that his partner would be administering it. Then it was time to get ready for the OR. At this time, they put me in this NEW gown (picture that thing they make you wear when you get x rays at the dentist) and it had a hose attached that they blew hot air into....supposedly to warm you up because the OR is so cold. Well, when I am nervous, I NEED to be cool, otherwise I panic. So as they are blowing this hot air into me, I start to panic, knowing that the spinal is in only a few minutes. I tell the nurse that Im way to hot and ask her to put me back into the other gown. She says that she can see I am literally dripping in sweat, but it is policy, I have to wear this gown to the OR. She at least finally turned the heat off of it, but it was soo heavy I was still hot and about to start stripping just to cool off. At that point I looked at my Mom and said "I cant do this, not today...Im ready to go home" and I was serious....Luckily, they came to wheel me to OR at that time and it was much cooler out in the hall and I started to cool off.

My husband had to wait outside while the spinal was administered (is that typical?). For as much as I worried, the spinal was a breeze. Just a strong pinch...and the anestesiologist and a nurse were amazing and talked me through the entire thing. I didnt even have time to worry if it had worked yet, because no sooner did they tell me to turn around and lay down, I already couldnt feel my legs~! At that point, I relaxed (just a bit) at least the spinal had worked ( 1 major fear averted). From their the anestesilogist and his partner both sat at my head and were great. My husband came in (he later told me they had already started cutting me) when he walked in. He sat down with me and I remember talking to the surgical team about American Idol and then she was out and CRYING at 7:46 am...the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. I barely felt anything at all....my husband kissed me and I told him I was fine, to go be with Taylor and he did. They started stitching me up and the surigical team started guessing how much she would weigh...they all said she was a big baby though. A few minutes later my husband brought Taylor over to me and I was able to kiss her and they took a few pictures of her with me while they were stitching me up and then they took he to the nursery. =( During the stitching, I felt very minor pressure , I was so relieved. Then word came back to the OR that she weighed 7 lbs and 15 ozs and 19 inches long! Awwwwww. Off to the recovery room I went, and about 30 minutes later, they brought her to me!!!

The Section wasnt nearly as bad as I had feared. I got up and walked the next morning and I have been feeling good ever since. Surgery was on Thursday and I was discharged on Saturday morning and I have been up and shopping etc since Monday. Our little love is even more perfect than I ever could have imagined, but she is definitely keeping us busy and has one major set of lungs!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jsquared HB User
Re: Taylor Peyton is here!!!!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
(female)

mugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB User

Congratulations! I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. It sounds like you are recovering quickly too. Enjoy your baby!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Gioparis HB User

aww great congrats!! your story sounds exactly like mine- exactly~ only I was in pain a few days after and just this week have I ben out and about!

congrats again

Old 03-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Beautiful story, thanks for sharing. I like to read about all the details.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

CONGRATS again G8r! I'm glad everything went smoothly and your baby girl is healthy I actually got really scared like you did right before my surgery. I was so excited up until the anesthesiologist told the nurse he'd see us in the OR in 5 min. then I got all sweaty and started thinking "I want to go home and do this another day!"

Old 03-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User

G8r, Congrats!!! Hearing that first cry is the most amazing sound in the world!!!

Vi

Old 03-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Congratulations welcome to the world TAylor Peyton

Amy

Closed Thread