It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Exclamation Trouble eating the RIGHT food

Hey everyone i have not posted in a while but all is going good. I am now 14 weeks pregnant wow i cant believe how fast those weeks went. But i have a minor problem. Im having trouble eating healthy all the foods that i grave are burgers and fried foods, pizza, i do like salads but with the added toppings might as well be a slice of pizza. What im trying to say is all i crave is fastfoods and i know this is not good. Can some of you mothers and mother to be's give me some sort of direction as to what i should be eating aka all the GOOD foods during pregnancy.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

JellyB_3 HB User
Re: Trouble eating the RIGHT food

you don't have to deprive yourself, but definitely stay away from the fast food joints!
Actually Pizza's not all that bad, sometimes get a pizza with a veggie topping. MY fav is a Broccoli slice! yummm..
Also, if you feel like a burger, don't go to a fast food place, make it yourself or go to a resaurant. Always get it with lettuce and tomato!
If you want ice cream, make a Vanilla shake with extra milk at home, it's good calcium : )

I see it as this.. you can't avoid those pregnancy cravings, but you can make wise choices when fulfilling them : )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User
Re: Trouble eating the RIGHT food

i agree with jelly! once in a while fast food is ok, but not every day...

Try making healthier alternatives at home...for example, pizza...make it on a piece of wheat pita bread with some seasoned tomato sauce or even spaghetti sauce. I usually also throw a layer of low fat ricotta or even cottage cheese. Then top with fresh/frozen spinach, fresh tomatoes, bell peppers and a think layer of mozarella...throw it in the toaster oven and you've got yourself a home made gourmet pizza!

Craving burgers and fries? make a turkey burger or buy really lean ground beef and make it at home. jazz it up with veggies. For fries, I make oven baked fries. I slice a potato up, toss it with a tablespoon of oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and bake on a cookie sheet (it can be done in the toaster oven too)...

Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Trouble eating the RIGHT food

Ok you guys this weekend i think i did very well. i had some spaghetti that i made at home with fresh ground turkey instead of beef. I had garlic bread. i even had a salad this was great it filled me up and i had that clean feeling of not being clogged up with grease. When i made breakfast i cooked turkey bacon for the first time its amazing how much grease is not in it. i had boiled eggs instead of fried ones. Overall i actually enjoyed it instead of feeling like i was forced. I think another reason why i craved fast foods so much because i was too lazy to heat up my own kitchen. im 15 weeks 2 days today and i cant wait to feel the baby move. i read some people confuse the baby movement with gas and hungry sounds but im not sure how it is with me i have a doppler i cant hear the heartbeat but i think i can hear the baby moving in the sac sound like its in there swimming. how cute. lol

Closed Thread