It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

proudmommaoftwo HB User
Eating unhealthy...

I'm so disappointed in myself. With my first born I ate very VERY healthy. During the week I would stick to a very strict diet and on Sunday's I'd have a cookie or something sweet. With my second pregnancy I ate healthy but I would have the occassional sweet now and then but with this pregnancy ALL I eat is junk and I know it's not good for the baby. I don't know how to stop eating junk. It's like I CRAVE it. I've never been a health food nut and I could always eat what I wanted and not gain weight but being pregnant I know I need to eat right for the baby not just me but I don't know what to do about the cravings. I'm almost 31 weeks so in my mind I think well I'm almost through so it's too late but then I know it's never to late to start eating right. How do I cope? For breakfast I just skip it all together OR I eat very unhealthy. Like DH just had a birthday party this past weekend and today for breakfast I had a left over cup cake. That is HORRIBLE isn't it! I'm so worried that my baby is going to be so unhealthy but I can't stop eating junk! HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User
Re: Eating unhealthy...

i dont think you should feel bad. while pregnant, i think we all crave different things. As we know as well, if you dont get what you crave, you're somehow not satiated...I think you just need to cut yourself some slack and go back to better eating habits, particularly after you give birth...If you're healthy and baby is growing healthily, then great! What's more important (my opinion) is being a good example when your baby is actually growing...that way they see you eating healthy and they will too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I agree that you should cut yourself a little slack! I know it is hard not to feel guilty when your little baby is in there. I felt guilty a lot during my 2nd pregnancy b/c I ate more unhealthy than with my first. Especially in the beginning all I craved was junkfood, and I mean any and ALL junkfood, lol. I also worked at an espresso stand so as you can imagine I was still indulging in my iced white mochas almost daily. There would be some days I'd eat more candy in one sitting than I'd normally eat in a month! I'm not saying what I did was ok, but if it makes you feel any better I had a perfect healthy baby boy I did eat healthy things too, however. If I did eat a lot of candy or drink my fatty coffee with caffeine I would make sure I drank a lot of milk that day (in my mind it made me feel better!) and even on lazy nights when I'd throw a pizza in the oven I always made sure I put some veggies in the steamer so that way I was still eating something healthy. Don't feel bad about indulging as long as you are taking your prenatals and doing your best to balance things out with healthy foods/snacks I'm sure your little one will be just fine

Old 03-31-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
(female)

Cookiem26 HB User

I actually feel just like you, with my first I was in perfect shape, working out every day and eating healthy, I had actually lost 15 lbs. right before I got pregnant so I was doing great and I had great eating habits and ate really well all through the pregnancy. Now here I am with the 2nd and I eat so much junk it isn't even funny. I CRAVE it just like you and would rather eat a bowl of ice cream or something than a regular dinner. I just found out today that my iron is low and I have to start taking a supplement even though I am taking one of the best prenatal vitamins. so I am very upset about that, I didn't have an iron problem with my first. I also had trouble gaining weight for the first 16 weeks or so but from 20 weeks to 25 weeks I have gained 8 lbs.! I purposely was eating whatever whenever ot try and gain weight but I also craved all the bad stuff too so now I have to try and really cut back and eat better. I am going on 26 weeks now. Good luck to you, just know you're not alone and I am trying like you to eat better.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jsquared HB User

I'm right there with you girl! I've been craving sweets the whole time and have not held back. the guilt is horrible. I am 34 weeks (I think. I forget sometimes). I feel so much better reading everyone's responses. Thank you for posting this. I guess I'm not the only one. I heard you crave more sweets when you have a girl. I'm having a girl. Are you? It could be an old wives tale.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I've been craving junk food pepsi's and fast food. i cut back for like two weeks and then i was back at it. its so hard to stop. i love chips and sodas and juices i try to cook meals i think i eat too much cheese at times and greasy foods. i do get vegetables and all the riht things also like fruits and veggies but then after that i will gave pop tarts and jelly beans i never even liked jelly beans all this is weird to me. I try to stick to the caffine free pepsi's which i cut down to at least 2 every two weeks but some times its hard to fine caffine free at the local store here unless u go to a shopping market. I talk to my baby already(may seem weird) but i always say "I hope you like this as much as i do" lol now im cravy pizza and broccoli. see i have no trouble eating the right things but mixing it with th wrong food is unhealthy i know im 17 weeks and have a while to go. i plan to get some power over what i eat though and good luck to you all too!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #7
(female)

proudmommaoftwo HB User

WOW this is a BIG sigh of relief. Not that I'm happy that you all have the same problem but that I'm not alone. I too am having a girl and my second was a girl. With my DS I never craved sweets so maybe it is true what they say. The baby is growing and I am gaining weight like I should be. Not too much not too little. I have to say I went out with my girlfriends last night and we went to Starbucks and I got a decaf which I haven't been doing so I was a little proud of myself. Everyone says not to worry but all the books I read are like stay away from this this and this and I eat all of that lol! Thanks ladies you made me feel so much better!!!

Closed Thread