It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

PuppyLove717 HB User
*April Mommies* ~April!~ Its Our Month!!

Hi All April Mommies! I just wanted to check in to see who is still hangin in there. I guess we had a few early arrivals- Congrats Kwright & Tamela!

My due date is Sat. April 5. I have my appt. tomorrow to see how things are going. Good Luck to those who are left!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

desmaggie HB User
Re: *April Mommies* ~April!~ Its Our Month!!

Hey everyone I had a dr's appointment yesterday & I'm still only 1cm dialated and I already lost my mucus plug two weeks ago but nothing yet. She said his head isn't engaged yet and we need that to happen to put more pressure on everything.
My due date is April 12th.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

How exciting for everyone! I'm just counting down the days. My c-section is April 17th...just 16 days away. My daughter's second birthday is on April 12th, so I've been busy trying to plan her birthday party, clean the house, and get everything ready for the baby! I'm so tired, and my feet are really starting to hurt.

I'm very anxious, nervous and excited! Good luck to everyone.
-Stacey

Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PuppyLove717 HB User

Well I just got back from my appt. They checked me through u/s and said that my cervix was still long and closed- again they said im prob still dilated like I was before(2cm) but that I didn't appear to be making any progress yet. The baby was est. to be 7lbs 13 oz so he is still growing good. There was still plenty of fluid in there as well. I have my next appt scheduled for Tuesday and the doctor said we will see where I am at then and make a decision on what he wants to do- im assuming scheduling an induction. My mom doesn't want me to get induced she said I was 2 weeks late and he will come when he is ready- but I told her I think they just don't want him getting too big in there and then not fitting through my pelvis. If I go another 2 weeks he could be almost 9lbs! She made me an appt with a massage therapist that does prenatal massage on Monday. Its supposed to help dilate and efface, so I guess its worth a shot- Not that a massage wouldn't be nice right now anyways! Hope everyone else is doing well. Wont be long now!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

puppylove- I know you are anxious, but I agree with your mom. When the baby is ready, the baby will come. There is also no guarantee that the baby will grow that much in two weeks. Three days before my daughter was born, I went to my 39 week appointment. I had an ultrasound, and they said the baby was 8lbs. 3oz (+/- 15%), and that I was not dialated or effaced at all. The doctor couldn't even strip my membranes. He told me I would be late a week or two. A day and a half later, my water broke at home! She ended up being 8lbs 1oz.

What I'm trying to say is, just because you are a certain 'status' today, doesn't mean it will be the same tomorrow. The baby isn't coming yet, because it isn't ready.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:21 AM   #6
(female)

tamela67 HB User

puppylove.........I agree with AZ24, When my water broke he was still very high and my cervix was still thick! So, just because everything is not ready today does not always mean alot. However, I also agree not letting the baby get too big! With my 3rd baby, I was induced and it went fine and baby was fine so it really is up to you and your dr.

desmaggie.........The same with having the head engaged before labor can start, not always true!! My baby was not engaged and labor still started! But by my dates, I would have been due April 1st but after the first us my due date changed to April 15th so I think I was actually closer to being right than the dr's.

Anyway, Lucas is a week old today The only problem we are having is he seems to want to fall asleep during feeding and he has lost a little too much weight. He has lost 14 oz since birth. So he is down to 6lb 8oz. I have to keep waking him up to eat. I will be taking him back to the dr tommorow to check his weight an we hoping he has gained a couple of ounces! Other then that we are doing great and I am actually getting a good amount of sleep!

All of you that are still waiting for you baby.......Good luck and God bless!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

PuppyLove717 HB User

To be honest I don't want to be induced. My friend was induced 1 day before her due date (because her doctor was going on vacation!) and she ended up with a c-section after only 6 hours of pitocin. I think it was because she was barely dilated when they started her and they cranked the pictocin up so high her contractions were really strong and practically right on top of each other.(she got an epi right away though so she couldn't feel them) It ended up stressing her baby out and the doctor said ok you need a c-section because things aren't progressing. It seems like the baby wasn't handling it too well because the constant contractions were pushing her into a brick wall. I would really like to go on my own so I can labor at home for a while- I live less than 5 mins from the hospital. I also want to try and do it without any pain meds which I don't know if I could do if they induce because im afraid it will make the contractions too strong and more painful?(anyone know if thats true?). Im not completely against getting an epi if I really can't take the pain but I would like to go without it if I can. My mom and my cousin both did both of their kids without any pain meds and they said it wasn't that bad. You have to keep the frame of mind that it wont last forever.(hoping I can do that) Alot of people seem to say the epi slowed them down and it took longer. I just really don't want a c-section so im really hoping everything goes well.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

desmaggie HB User

Hey everyone I"ve still got nothing going on though the Dr stipped my membranes on Monday. I'm still Hoping I have it closer to my original due date April 5th and not the "new" due date April 12th...I guess it doesn't matter though as long as it happens soon.
I feel good other than getting annoyed by people....MIL actually. She invited me over tonight so she can spend time with her "new grandbaby boy" and went on with more baby talk. I know I'm irritable but it's like just talk normal and don't invite me over to spend time with my belly. I guess sometimes she's just a little too much. Then I was talking to my SIL this morning who I am NOT close to at all we barely talk but she's been calling almost every week and I've been screening so I thought fine I"ll answer the phone and catch up with her a bit...I know she's just trying to be nice. Anyway so we're talking and she said so I hear your calling the baby BLA BLA (name doesn't matter) anyway I'm like where did you hear that? From MIL. and this has really ****** me off! We have not chosen a name and she knows that and this name happens to be my DH favorite two names but are not the ones I had chosen. Anyway so she just strings them together and starts telling people this is what we are naming him!? I don't know why I am so mad but I am. I was even starting to warm up to the name thinking i would let DH have his way(neither of these were my choices) and now its like i don't want the names just because I"m ****** that she's telling people that's his name.
Anyway I'm sure I"ll calm down but I"m tired of the calls anything happening nothing yet?? I'll call you when it happens leave me alone. I know I probably sound irrational but I just wish she would back off a bit and stop telling everyone our business. Her and I have always been close so I have shared stuff with her but I run in to people and they start saying stuff that I"ve told her and so now I'm like fine your out of the loop I'm not telling you anything anymore. If I wanted my SIL to know the babies name I would have answered the phone 3 weeks ago and told her! Okay I guess Maybe I'm over reacting. Anyone else getting really frustrated with people?

Old 04-03-2008, 04:31 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

Desmaggie,

I would tell your MIL how you feel. Pregnant woment get a free pass to say it like it is. If you don't set up some boundries now, you won't believe the mess when the baby is here. This is your special time and no one should assume a name for you, and yes, very odd to spend time with your belly, as if you are just an incubation chamber or something.

No one will hold a grudge if you loose it now (with in reason) and again and it will make things so much better if you show a side that you insist on respect.
Best of luck to you!!!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

desmaggie HB User

Thanks Nyxin. I guess I"m just frustrated with her and I"m a getting more anxious as my EDD nears. I lost my last pregnancy at 12 weeks so this one has been a bit nerve racking all along but as I get closer to the end the more worried I get that something is going to go wrong. I'm not feeling the baby as much as I was and I know that is normal as he runs out of room. Saturday & Sunday he was really active but not much since then. I still feel him every once in awhile so I know everything must be okay but he's not active like he was like Saturday he was moving around for like 20min and now it's only a little something here and there.
I Told MIL I"m not coming over tonight & I mentioned to DH that I was annoyed and he was a little too. She's always been over the top about the baby...for awhile she wasn't working & I was starting to worry that she would be over like Every day but she is working now so that shouldn't be a problem. I think I"ll just start pulling back from her a bit she's just always talking in terms of us and we and our baby and it bugs me a bit...I feel like saying it's my baby or our as in DH and I not you DH and I which is what she means. And always talking about how "our" lives are going to change how "our" summer is going to be...and I"m like are you thinking your going to be with us constantly?? THis isn't her first grandbaby either but she is closer which my DH than her other son and is closer with me than her other daughter in law so I think she shes this as an opportunity to be really involved and I"m all for having her in the picture but I dont' want to feel like I"m obligated to 2-3 times a week or more. I guess I"m feeling smothered and like she's trying to swoop in. I don't even want to call her anymore when we are in labour because I want to have time just DH and I to welcome our son into the world without her in the room asap holding and kissing him etc. Is that selfish...? I don't mean to be I just want time with my new family first before having to share it with everyone else. I guess as I get more nervous I get more irritable too. I wanted to call the Dr today maybe go in to get some reassurance but I don't want to over react and DH was with me all day and he was like your fine everything is fine.. My next Dr appointment is Monday but if I still feel like this tomorrow morning I think I will have to go in just for my sanity. I really don't want to be late I don't think my nerves can handle this. I want to tell the Dr just induce me now cause this stress can't be good for the baby and I'm 39 weeks it's not too early but I know they wouldn't do that

Old 04-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

I think it is a good idea to go in for your sanity! Remember that the Dr.s work for YOU, so use the service as much as you need.
You still should feel the baby 10x per hour during an active period. Try to sit down with apple juice and stay still after drininkg it. But if you feel you should get looked out then don't feel bad about it.

As far as MIL, I don't have one in our family unit. My DH has not talked with his Mom in 20 years. We are not even sure that she knows she has Grandkids. Rest assured that if she suddenly appeared on our door step that I would probably shut the door and lock it. Of course there is a great deal of baggage there, but I am a Momma Bear when it comes to these things and I don't know her other than the bad stuff told to me, which isn't much, but enough. I do know that no matter what family member may be, it is your baby. You gestated it for all this time, you. I did have to have a chat with my own Mom as she was doing the same thing and since I set those boundries things have gone much more ideally.
Say what you need to say and trust that she can digest the info so you all will have a happy understanding.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

desmaggie HB User

well I lasted until 620pm tonight then I had to page the Dr I was just too worried. As it turns out everything is fine. They did a non stress test and his heart beat was great. It showed a lot of movement that I didn't feel though so at least I know I"m not crazy I was watching the print out seeing the black dots that means the machine is picking up movement and I was like I can't feel that? Dr thinks it's because he's lower and they are not as strong etc that I am just not recognizing them and even if I do feel them at that point she said I had probably worked myself up enough that I wasn't convinced they were movements which is true. Anyway I feel MUCH MUCH better now!
On the MIL issue I have decided to not saying anything now as it would be bringing up things that happend last week or the week before. The next time something happens I will deal with it at that time so it is in the moment and I"m addressing it as it happens. I'm sure that she doesn't realize what she is doing is bothering me and it helps to look at everything now that I am not so worried about the baby. Phew.
Thanks for the good advice and listening to me vent.
I hope that everyone else is feeling okay.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:25 AM   #13
(female)

tamela67 HB User

Hi everyone..............I am glad you are feeling better desmaggie. I know how you feel of worrying everytime you don't feel the baby for a few hours. I also lost one at 6 weeks, 5 months before getting pregnant with Lucas. I think I worried about everything! I hate to tell you this, but it doesn't go away after they are here, just different worries! Lucas is doing good but he is having trouble eating. He can suck ok, but he has trouble swallowing so it all runs back out of his mouth! I was told it is common for this to be with newborns and even more common with early babies. He lost almost 1lb but as of friday he gained 4oz of that back. Then , at the hospital he was given the ready to feed formula but when we got home, I bought the powder. Well, he became very constipated. So I went back to the ready to feed and now he is back to pooping! I never knew there was a difference, but I guess there is.

Now I know most of you are still waiting for your baby, so you are not experiencing this yet, but I am really having bad baby blues! I want to cry all the time and I know this sounds weird but I really miss having him inside me! I feel so weird not being pregnant anymore, even though I am holding him in my arms! I feel like a failure because I can't get him to eat. The dr said he should be eating 20-24 oz a day and he is only eating 10-15 oz a day. Fortunatly, my husband is very supportive and helps me all the time. But the only thing that really helps is just holding Lucas! Anyway, sorry to vent but I am sure we will all be talking about this issue very soon as all of you begin to have your little ones!

Thanks for listening!!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

desmaggie HB User

Well I saw the Dr. today and nothing has changed I"m still 1cm dialated and his head is still not engaged. She said without his head engaging she doesn't
think I"ll progress any further and also said short of my water breaking she
doesn't think this will happen on it's own. It's her oppinion now that I will
have to be induced. She said they usually wait until you are 10 days overdue to induce you. Being impatient I have asked if we can do a little bartering with my dates... I said my original due date was the 5th and after my 2nd ultrasound they changed it until the 12th I told her I really did not want to be pregnant until the 22nd so could we go back to the 5th as being my due date and induce by the 15th? I mean if she thinks I'll have to be induced regardless why wait? Anyway she said that I should come back on the Monday 14th and if nothing has happened then she will see who is on call in the next few days (she is going on holidays so it won't be her) she said she'll try and get me in to see someone who is open minded on inducing as some OB's are more prone to doing it than others apparently. She said when I go in I should complain about discomfort, not sleeping, swelling stress whatever I can think of and hopefully the dr will agree to induce me...other than that we may be waiting until at least the 22nd.
Soooo that is a little discouraging I don't wan't to be overdue I was hoping at least by my due date. Oh well I guess nothing I can do about it.
Tamela67 sorry to hear about your baby blues..that isn't any good. I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by desmaggie; 04-07-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

PuppyLove717 HB User

Hi everyone!
I had my appt. yesterday and I am making some progress. They did an u/s and they said everything still looks good. Its crazy how big he is now you can't really make anything out! I have a non stress test scheduled for friday and another appt on monday but he gave me a 95% chance of not making it to monday! He did an internal and said his head is very very low so I will prob be able to go on my own. He offered to induce friday but I said Id rather wait and go on my own if everything was ok. Last night I was woken up every hour with painful a contraction. I guess it must be the braxton hicks getting stronger because they stopped. Just enough to keep me up almost all night!

Desmaggie I hope you don't have to wait till the 22nd, GL and hopefully they will induce you sooner!

Closed Thread