It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User
Re: March Moms - Apri: Post Partum month 1

Just thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing....Taylor is doing much better and just turned 7 weeks. We had a bit of a choking scare and called 911 (not sure if we overreacted or not) but didnt want to take any chances. She was fine, but that same night they ended up admitting her when I mentioned that she had a temp of 100.7 the night before. My husband and I werent concerned, because we keep a close eye on her temp and we know it spikes when she gets really mad and has been crying. That night is 100.7, but 10 minutes later it was back down to 99.4. I wish I had never mentioned it to the ER Doc, because she ran with it and insisted on admitting her for 3 nights (Standard as they did a spinal tap!!). Everything came back negative as we knew it would, I just hate that she had to go through all of that.

Her colic has calmed down quite a bit. She is on a combo of Zantac and Levsin for her tummy and we have settled on Enfamil Gentlease for her formula. She isnt much of a napper...many days she wont take one at all...like yesterday, she was up from 8:30 am until she went to bed at 9:30 last night...then she slept til 3:30. I am dreading going back to work in 2.5 weeks though =(

I would love to hear updates from everyone else!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User

Brooke,
Has your little one been constipated from the rice?

We have been dealing with constipation for a week now. She was screaming in pain and I called the dr. He said wait a week and call back if she still wasn't having normal BM. Easy for them to say. I read on the Infant Care Board to give her 1/2 tsp Karo Syrup in a 4 oz bottle of formula. Wegave it to her and six hours later she had a blow out and is sooooo much better. No more rice for our little one until she is older. We decided to deal with the sleeplessness rather than deal with the pain on her face from constipation. She also broke out in a rash on her face. Tiny little bumps. I had an appt for photos today and cancelled it because of it. I'm not sure what it's from and I am continuing to use Dreft as I have as long as she's been born.

Other than the constipation and break out, we are doing well. She is smiling and really staring at us like she wants to memorize our faces. She has started blowing bubbles and drooling a bit. Her sleeping has gotten better (knock wood) since she pooped also. She slept for 6 hrs straight last night!

It's great to hear what's going on with you guys. After all, we are all in the same boat!

Ally

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

Taylor is starting to smile and really stare at our faces. When do they start recognizing sounds? It worries me because when she is looking away I can talk to her right next to her ear and she still doesnt turn to me.

We had to cancel our photo appt as well...it was the day after she was admitted. The only profession photos we have are from the hospital, so Im a little bummed about that....it looks like we will just wait til her 3 mth pic now.

The first time we tried rice, was when she had her choking incident...so now Im paranoid to ever use it. I know it wasnt the rice (but instead the nipple we used), as we only added a half tsp to 3 ozs of formula, but it scared me so much Im afraid to ever try the rice again.

She typically sleeps 5 or 6 hrs straight at night, so now Im wondering when she will hit the 7-8 hr mark...guess Im getting greedy, but with her not really napping during the day, Im desperate for more sleep! LOL

Last edited by G8r4evr; 04-26-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well!

My George is doing OK, except that he tends to stay awake too long at night and keeps me from going to bed at a decent hour!

Also, he had a "bout" where he threw up several times in 2 weeks. However, we figured it might be either allergy to formula, or too much milk on tiny stomach; it was almost always at 11 to 11:30 at night right after formula feedings. Since we've been moderating his intake better (not letting him just drink as fast as possible), we haven't had any vomits (God willing - crossing fingers).

As for me, well, it's been a little rough. Not terrible, but constant nagging problems. Sum it up:

-Severe nerve-type pain in my hips/legs as well as weird pain in the perineal area making even sitting on toilet sheer hell; turned out to be infected Bartholin's gland messing up everything (big hard mass that was painful itself). Had the gland drained/surgery on Easter morning.
-Tuesday after I realized I a) still had large hard mass on left where surgery was done and b) had NEW hard mass on right, painful like the old Bartholin's.
-Friday after, hammock chair collapsed on me (and baby), the spreader beam on it socking me around the head like a merciless miscreant with a club, much pain and huge lump; went to ER to verify it wouldn't result in concussion.
-Went to OB last week for PP check-up and reported I was just starting some UTI (correct - E. Coli) and got MacroBid for it (I'm nursing).
-Mon after that, get horrible periodic abdominal cramping that doesn't go away for days and in fact increases to diarrhea generally. Now suspect MacroBid was causing this side effect; unsure. But since stopping some relief, but still suffering a bit.

All of this pain has made it a bit difficult to be a really good mommy, or even to be in a good mood!

*sigh*

Closed Thread