It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User
Hard Lump near C Section Scar

I just noticed a small, but hard lump near the end of my C Section scar. From what Im reading, it is probably scar tissue, but Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My C Section was 4 weeks ago....

Old 04-06-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
(female)

junemommy17 HB User
Re: Hard Lump near C Section Scar

I also had a hard lump near my c-section scar. I assumed it was scar tissue. I checked it again a few days later and it was gone. I'm 8 weeks pp and my scar is smooth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

southern_belle HB User

Hey there,

I had a lot of problems with my incision. I also developed a hard area on one side. My dr told me it was either blood or fluid that accumulated under the skin and that eventually it would break down and my body would absorb it. It went away at about 8 weeks pp. As long as the incision isn't red swollen or oozy, I would just give it some time. It just seems like one day I woke up and the lump was gone.

Hope this helps,
Belle

Old 12-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
(female)

tmokdclkc HB User

It has been 8 weeks since my c-section and I had what felt like a rope across the length of my incision. My Doctor's nurse suggested that I apply a heating pad to the incision to help break up the fluid that gets built up. She mentioned that fluid builds up because when they cut the layers of skin get irritated.

I apply a heating pad several times a week and I have one small knob where the knot had been. If by three months it's still there my doctor receomends that it be looked at.

If you do apply the heating pad, be sure to massage the area after, it will assist in breaking it up futher.

Hope it heals

new mom

Old 12-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #5
(female)

magpie1970 HB User

I didn't have a c/s with any of the 3 pregnancies, but I did have an appendectomy when I was 26 weeks with #3. I ended up with a 6 inch scar and the whole thing got hard. No worries, it was just scar tissue. That was April 2007 and now it's just a scar and not hard.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you get pain along with it. Hope your recovery is going well!

Old 12-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I had the same thing with my c-section incision. It was a lump about the size of a mini-banana. A few months later it was gone. Now I'm just left with numbness where the nerves were cut and never grew back... sigh...

This was in the November 2006.

Last edited by xinerevelle; 12-07-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Added date.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #7
(female)

quinyonna07 HB User

Well, I had a c section in 2008, i had an emergency c section because I had alot of complications with my pregnancy. I gave birth to a baby girl that weighed only 1lb 4oz, 5 days later she passed away in the intense of care unit. Which was very depressing and sad for me because that was my first child and I lost her. But I went for my 6 weeks check up and I also noticed the hard lump. My OBGYN told me that it would soon go away because it was only that was because my body was still in the process of healing. So as of today it has been 2 long years and it is very painful. When my menaustration comes on its very swollen and painful. I get these sharp pain and a burning sensation. It hurts so bad that time of the monthe sometimes to the point where i have to sleep on the opposite side or wear my pants open. I have went to see several doctors and they all have given me different answers. Not to mention that I have been trying to conceive another baby since I lost the last one and still no baby. Wondering if the lump is the reason why I am unable to conceive. I am scheldule for and ultrasound in two weeks and hopefully I will find out from the but if ne one can help me out to let me know what they think this may be

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quinyonna07 For This Useful Post:
diamondgem (02-27-2012), mumbalina (09-03-2012)
Old 06-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

My last c-section was over 2 years ago and mine keloided, so the whole thing is hard I am thinking yours must be scar tissue from what you explained. Hopefully it doesn't stick around!

Closed Thread