It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
No sex while Pregnant?

Ok, this is quite personal but I have been wondering about this.

Since I got preg. last Oct., my Husband and I have not had any sex. I had some spotting/bleeding issues early on and was feeling sick to my stomach, so neither of us was in the mood. He has not said too much, only that he understands and does not push the subject.

Now I am always tired and my stomach is so big that I can not sleep well at night. I never feel in the mood anymore. My sex drive is zero. I am wondering if anyone else feels like this? My Husband is not worried, but I know he must be frustrated...

I do not feel sexy at all. Dealing w/ all the discharge, gas and everything! Is anyone else having these awful issues too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Re: No sex while Pregnant?

Skyy all i have to say is that you are not alone. To me its like i dont feel like hugging kissing touching anything. The best part is that my boyfriend understands but its like how can i be like this now ive never had the problem at first. used to think that i was worried about something going wrong or affraid that i might see some spotting but since i got pregnant in Dec. we've only had sex two times maybe three. dont feel sexy and on top of that im so lazy all i want to do is sleep. i get home from work at 5 im in the bed until my boyfriend gets in from work which is about 10 then we are up for like three hours and back to bed i go. on the weekends we both are tired and in the bed allll day. We both are taking advantage of the sleep now because when baby gets here there wont be too much of that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
(female)

proudmommaoftwo HB User

WOW you sound just like me but your DH doesn't sound like mine. My DH just did not understand that I did NOT want to be touched. I had a horrible first trimester only to get horrible headaches in my second. A month ago today I was having contractions at 29 weeks and my doctor said no sex until 35 weeks. So DH was a little more understanding. I have to say though this last week (I'm just now 33 weeks) I have been in the mood and I have NO clue why. I've never really been into sex but always did for my DH...we are counting down two weeks lol.

It's good your DH is understanding and not pushing the issue. That was very difficult for me because my DH made me feel so guilty.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Destea HB User

Ugh... I keep reading about women who can't get enough sex in the 2nd tri but in all honesty, I haven't felt like it AT ALL this entire pregnancy (I'm 35 weeks right now). I haven't had any medical reasons to stop, and DH gets really distance w/out some intimacy so for the whole pregnancy I'd say we're still averaging at least once a week - maybe a week and a half once in a while if I'm not feeling particularly good.

And between that there's usually a little um, inbetween hand holding, so to speak. He definitely has a hard time w/ me not wanting it more, but what can I do? I'm big, I'm uncomfortable, it doesn't feel good, I just want to sleep, and my back hurts. HELLO! What's sexy about hemorrhoids or gas or constant discharge?

Bleck. Men are weird.... at least your guy isn't giving you a hard time about it - that's a huge bonus. I'd do it way less if I didn't think he'd get emotionally distant if we didn't :\ He wouldn't stray - but our relationship would suffer a bit because he literally just doesn't feel as close when it's not happening regularly.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
Question Re: No sex while Pregnant?

Thanks for the input-
I guess everything is normal and it all makes sense, I feel bloated and just so big! I know things will get back to normal sometime after the baby is born.

It just seems weird not to want my Husband sexually, or even much kissing or touching right now.

So glad he does understand, but normally I have a bigger sex drive than he does. It is just weird...

skyy11

Last edited by skyy11; 04-19-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

Dh and I can't seem to get on the same page for some reason. He never wants sex maybe once a week or two ( sometimes I wonder how I got pg) I usually wanted it all the time. Now I only want to every once in awhile but when I do he don't and when he does I don't for some reason it seems the only time he want to be with me is when I feel like crap I'm bloated,gassy, constipated something then he gets mad when I tell him please just leave me alone tonight I really don't feel like it but it is perfectly fine when he is the one telling me no. I hope it gets better for both of us or we atleast get on the same sex page
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 04-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Tami i understand what u mean i explained to my bf the other night why i just dont have a urge to do it he said he completely understands but somehow i just cant stop feeling bad we used to always do it. And you are so right why is it that when we feel like crap they want to be all over us. I hate the bloated feeling i get frustrated and want to scream and i just hate it when he tells me something looks fine or i dont look bad because my mind tells me he's lying....lol i cant believe how pregnancy can change a woman.

Closed Thread