It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
(female)

Sallyx HB User
Swollen ankles at 24 weeks?

How soon do most people get swollen feet? Mine are swollen now, around my ankles. It is not sore but I thought this didn't happen so soon, should I be concerned?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User
Re: Swollen ankles at 24 weeks?

This is my third pregnancy, and the first time my ankles started swelling before the last weeks. Mine started around 22 weeks this time. And it is usually just my left. and it may only be one or two times a week. i asked the dr. and she said it was fine and normal. it is just the way the uterus is laying and compressing some of the blood flow. i would definately mention it to your dr. next time you go just to be on the safe side. because it can also be a sign of pre-eclampsia. the only thing to do is put you feet up as much as possible. hope this helps.
brandi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User

Mine started swelling around 25 weeks and just continued to get worst =( I was thrilled when they returned to normal right after delivery =)

Old 04-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User

definitely mention it to your doctor, and keep an eye on your blood pressure. my sis in law had very swollen ankles and feet (she had flintstone feet!), and ended up with preeclampsia and having an emergency c section at 36 weeks.... but don't let that scare you.... she had a lot of high blood pressure issues (didn't eat right at all, didn't take care of herself like she should have.... it all added to the problem) throughout the whole pregnancy. just keep an eye on it and take it easy until you talk to your doc again!

Old 04-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User

I'm 29 weeks and my feet and ankles are swollen as well (left side is more so then right), this all started at 26 weeks.. The doctor said it was normal, my BP is fine and no protein in urine... I had this with my son as well and it got worse, I was a balloon by the time I delivered him (Aug 1997).. Heat and humidity definitely plays a part in this..

Old 04-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User

My hands, feet, wrists and ankles swelled around 22 weeks also. I had to buy a new watch with a stretchy band and new shoes. It was horrible. My blood pressure and urine test remained normal until 35 weeks. At that appt my blood pressure was sky high until they had me lay on my left side for ten minutes and rechecked it. My doctor put me on bed rest until I delivered. I was still swollen the entire time, but it kept my BP in check. My feet remained swollen for about 2 weeks after I delivered. My doctor kept telling me it was normal. I'm so happy to be wearing my old shoes and watch again! Good luck to you, it too shall pass.

Closed Thread