It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
(female)

gem23 HB User
Unhappy Baby movements started early then stopped? Possible problem?

Right now i'm 18 weeks along. Back when i was 14 weeks i would feel light flutters when i would drink something. Some people would tell me that was too early to feel my baby for being my first, but obviously only i could know and tell the diffrence. Well anyway when i was 14 weeks the baby continued to move for about 2 weeks or maybe a little bit longer. It wasn't routine but i would at least feel it everyday. Then after that it completly stopped. So now i'm at 18 weeks and i really haven't felt what i was feeling at 14 weeks. I get little vibrations sometimes but i can't tell if it's the baby or just me. This being my first i'm really concernd and i don't know what to expect. Every ultrasound that i've had everything was perfect. Is this normal? Also if something did happen to my baby would my body go into labor or somehow get an infection? So far i haven't felt pain or had any bleeding. Some days i don't even feel pregnant. And i haven't even started to show. I know i should be talking to my doctor about this and i have an appointment in 2 days but i just need to get some advice to ease my mind at this point. I don't have much patients. Oh some other things i should add, a little after my 14 weeks i wasn't feeling any pressure on my bladder like i was before. Is it possible the baby might of moved to my back? I have more back pain than anything and sometime i get sore like on my shoulders as if i've been lifting weights. Id like to hear any advice anyone has. One more thing i forgot to add, in that time i felt my baby move i was taking Pepcid and then i stopped and 3 days later thats kinda around the time i didnt feel the baby anymore. It seems to only of moved when i was taking it. Thanks!

Last edited by Mod08; 04-29-2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Magenta is extremely difficult to read - your color has been changed to make it easier to read.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User
Re: Baby movements started early then stopped? Possible problem?

Hi there,

I just wanted to reassure you that many people feel this way! I was most nervous about my pregnancy during 13-19 weeks (when I started feeling her move). When she first moved I felt her quite a bit, and then there was a period where I didn't feel her as often (or didn't notice as often). Nothing was wrong, and I didn't start to really show until 28-30 weeks (and people who didn't know I was pregnant didn't start to ask me about my pregnancy until 35 weeks!! I just looked chubby!! Good luck!!

Old 04-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
(female)

momto4soon HB User
Re: Baby movements started early then stopped? Possible problem?

I know exactly how you are feeling... but for me it was later in my pregnancy. I would go for hours and sometimes days without feeling the baby. It happened really from 22-30 weeeks.( &some towards the end) I would get myself all worked up and then I would feel her move and it would ease my mind again. I never told anyone about it because I thought they would think I was over reacting! But it was really strange. I will tell you this my pregnancy with my 1st DD was the same. That's why I thought this baby might be a girl too! My boys were so active so early and never stopped! So maybe you are having a girl! I know it will put your mind at ease when you hear the heartbeat. I would tell you not to worry but I know how hard it is! Sometimes they say it's how you carry the baby.(where the baby is position or maybe it's a small baby) I know I read everything I could find on the internet. Well, this past January I gave birth to a very healthy baby girl. Who doesn't stop moving now! Enjoy your pregnancy!!!

Closed Thread