It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

proudmommaoftwo HB User
Weird movements

So bare with me when I explain this... I'm 35 weeks and last night DD was moving around a LOT! Okay perfectly normal but the movement was almost like it was her heartbeat. I could see my stomach moving so fast like a heartbeat but it was not mine because I felt my pulse and it was normal. Then last night around 2am I started having a burning cramping in my pubic region and no postion helped until I used the restroom and then it subsided.

Her movement was like a wave but not like a roll or kick but like I said a heartbeat. I have never heard of seeing your baby's heartbeat so I'm worried she is distressed or something. I haven't really felt her this morning but that isn't unusual as she normally is resting at this point in the day.

So my question is... Has anyone had this? I'm going to my doctor in an hour to be monitored and feel so STUPID again. I'm like the paranoid pregnant crazy woman I swear. My doctor probably sees me and rolls his eyes like oh here we go again. I mean he has never made me feel like that but sometimes you have to wonder about crazy women like me lol!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

meechieny HB User
Re: Weird movements

Mine use to do it and it was the baby with hiccups. Do you think it's that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 AM   #3
(female)

proudmommaoftwo HB User

No it's not hiccups....trust me she has those ALL the time! Thank you for your reply though. This was almost like a pulse like you know how you can see your heartbeat sometimes in your stomach it looked like that but it was not my heartbeat because I checked my pulse and it was a lot slower than the movements.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Just curious, what did the doctor say?

Old 05-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
(female)

proudmommaoftwo HB User

Sorry I didn't update....long day yesterday. Anyway, the doctor said that he has heard of these "movements" and everytime everything has been okay. He did an u/s and her heartbeat looked good and she did too. He told me I could go to L&D for a stress test if it would ease my mind but that he was not at all concerned. Normally, I would have gone but DH was out of town until last night and I couldn't handle DD while being strapped to a monitor. Her movements are normal again and the doctor said I can resume any activity that I was put on bed rest for.

So we are great! Thank you!!

Closed Thread