It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

topdoris HB User
advice please anybody

hi guys i am concerned i know long story and i know may be a silly concern however

i have a small chihuhua dog with long hair

anyway i noticed today he had a bit of stool attatched to his fur some came away straight away however there was some that looked quite dry as he has long hair i didnt notice and now worried in case i have harmed my baby as he cuddles up to me i do wash my hands however incase there was one incident that i didnt and i ate something would this effect me i know they say with cats be carefull however i am now concerned i have done damage

i am now 20 weeks surely i would know if anything wrong

thanks

Old 05-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
(female)

BunInTheOven HB User
Re: advice please anybody

You would get sick if there was a problem. I wouldn't worry at this point, but to prevent any future concern, I would clip his hind area. It must be uncomfortable for the little doggie too. I understand, I have 2 small dogs, one of which is kinda long-haired and she has "dingle-berries" from time to time so we started trimming her hiney area so she doesn't try to use the carpet as toilet paper!!

Last edited by BunInTheOven; 05-17-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

meechieny HB User
Re: advice please anybody

You can say poop is poop no matter where it comes from, but it is cat poop that you really have to be concerned with when you are pregnant. Outdoor cats have a tendency to eat more wild animals....catch a parasite which causes "toxoplasmosis". It is passed on by their poop easier because of where they poop...litter boxes or your garden....or your kid's sandbox. They bury it with their feet and track around with it on them. Can you tell I don't like cats?

If you were infected you could have a high fever, swollen lymph system, vision disturbances....

I would say you are safe unless your little dog has had some road kill lately??
Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!!!

Closed Thread