It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
November Mommies 2008 - Part 3

Our thread got too long, so I thought I would start a new one. I wanted to make sure CW would have somewhere to post about her 13 week appt. Thinking about you hon! Hope all goes well!!

How are the rest of the November mommies doing out there? Most of us should be out of the first trimester by now. I only have a few more days myself.

Holly

Old 05-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User
Re: November Mommies III

Thanks for the kind words Holly and Tiffany. Everything went great today! I'm 13 weeks today and can't believe it! I was so happy although I had no reason to doubt it. I LOVED hearing the heartbeat... I could have laid there all day listening to it. The dr. said everything was great and normal. She felt my uterus to make sure the size was ok and it was. And now... I have to wait another 4 weeks. That just seems like forever to me! haha. My doctor did say that at my next appt., I have the option of doing the triple screening test to check for Down's, Spina bifida, and something else. She said there are false positives with this test. DH and I are going to talk about it but I'm really on the fence with this one. If I were to get a false positive, I would do nothing but worry for the rest of my pregnancy. She said you either have the option to worry or get an amniocentesis (which I would not do). But at the same time, I really would like to know. What do you all think??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey CW, so glad you had a good appt... I read that you were nervous before going in (which I can totally understand!). It must be such an exciting relief to hear that heartbeat and know that all is good with baby.

Char and Holly, hope that both of you and your growing little ones are doing well! I think of you guys all the time. And Kelley too (although I'm not sure when Kelley is due... is she Oct or Nov?). Anyway, I don't think that either of you have another u/s appt in the next week or so.... let me know if I'm wrong on that... but I'll still be checking in to see how things are going!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
(female)

Istyle HB User

CW, it is just my opinion and you need to decide what is best for you and your husband...but I have heard of more of those test coming back false positive that positive! I am not having it done be/c even if something comes back I am not going to do anything with it and you would hate to worry yourself for no reason!!

Has anyone else got there ultrasound scheduled?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

CW, I'm so happy to hear everything went well for you. As far as testing dh and I decided to do it with both ds and with this pg. Our dr. just explained that it basically gives odds of whether or not your child might have this particular defect, she didn't really talk in positive or negative results but more percent chance. One test I went in for is called the gynzeyme (not sure if the spelling is exact on that) test and it is a two step blood test, meaning they draw on two separate occasions and then your dr. shares the results. My understanding is that it checks for spine abifida and downs syndrome.

Istyle, I have a 3D u/s scheduled for June 9th...can't wait.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

CW, congrats on another great appt!! I knew all would be alright!! Isn't it wonderful hearing the heartbeat!! Best sound in the world. I don't have another u/s until July, so I feel you on the waiting. It's nervewracking!! I just keep telling myself it means all is going well. We decided against the screening tests. I also thought I would worry too much & did not want to go through an amniocentisis if the results were troubling. The decision is completely up to you & your DH.

Istyle, my next u/s is on July 11th. It will be a level II & we should be able to find out the sex. Can't wait!!

Kari, Kelley is an October mom. I think she is actually due on Halloween, but I might be wrong about that. I need to check out that thread & see if she posts over there. I can't believe I didn't think of that before!

Holly

Old 05-21-2008, 06:42 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User

Thanks again ladies for the kind words! DH and I haven't talked about it yet but I just don't know what to do!

I'm 13 weeks, do you consider that the second trimester yet? Some consider up to week 12 as the first trimester and some consider up to week 13 as the first trimester.

Holly- my next U/S is in July also and we will find out the sex. You said you're getting a level 2 U/S, is that the kind of U/S they have to do to find out the sex? I just didn't know if that was routine or they would just use a regular U/S.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

CW, I think the level II is more in depth, but I am not 100% sure. I don't think it is routine & I'm pretty sure they can tell the sex w/o it. There has been a 2nd sac (but only 1 baby) since the beginning of this pregnancy & the 2nd sac hasn't dissolved yet, so I think they just want to get a good look at things & that is part of the reason for ordering the level II. I'm also high risk considering I've had 2 losses & we got preggo through IVF this time around. Hope that answers your question.

Holly

Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #9
(female)

Istyle HB User

Wow Holly yours is coming up quick!!! Yea, a level II is basically them looking at EVERYTHING!!! They will measure and make sure things are at the same place with the development as your baby's growth. It is a long ultrasound!

Old 05-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User

Holly- the level II U/S sounds much more exciting being more detailed and all. I hope everything turns out ok with that extra sac. How are we suppose to wait until July??? I'm with you though, if not having an U/S til July means that everything is fine then that is fine with me!

Just curious but what is everyone eating? Food is not agreeing with me right now. I thought the nausea was over but it has come back and it does not feel good. I'm trying to be as health conscious as I can but it is getting sooo hard. I am sooo tired of drinking water but I manage to force bottles of it down everyday. I can still handle eating fruits and I eat plenty everyday but really NOTHING sounds good to me and I just end up eating junk. I'm not eating any deli meats and I would LOVE a turkey sandwich for lunch. I usually just have soup and salad and I can't take it anymore but I'm running out of ideas!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

bilodeli HB User

Hi Holly, I just wanted to jump over to this board and see how you are doing? You are always so nice to check on is IVF girls. How are things progressing?
Lisa

Old 05-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Istyle, thanks for warning me that the level II is a long one - I didn't know that. It will be good to plan for work. I sure hope everything is still going well in there! It's so hard to know what to think!

CW, I don't know how we're supposed to wait until July, it's rough, huh? Let me tell you, I am eating everything!! It's terrible. I'm always hungry! Nothing seems to satisfy me these days. Have you tried adding grilled chicken to your salad? Might spice it up a bit for you. I've been finding lunch tough to plan too since I can't eat lunch meat & I don't want to eat too many of the frozen dinners anymore. Today I had a tomato sandwich. YUM!

Holly

Old 05-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Lisa! So nice of you to check in on me too! I can never forget my girls on the other side. I spent a couple years on the IF boards & I never would've made it over here if it weren't for the constant support. Things are going really well so far. I am in my 13th week & will be starting the 2nd trimester on Sunday. Never, ever thought I would be here!! I got to hear the baby's heartbeat on 5/14 & it is the greatest sound!!! I hope you are over here posting about your own progress very soon!

Holly

Old 05-22-2008, 08:38 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User

Betsy- so glad your appt. went well. That is great. I found out the sex around the same time you do and I can't wait! How exciting.

This is a weird question, but do any of you notice that you're more "tender" in the lower abdomen area at night? When I wake up in the middle of the night for my many trips to the restroom, everything just feel so tender down there... it probably has something to do with my full bladder but just wondering. Last night, I woke up on my back and I went to turn on my side and gosh, I had the worst pain like where the babe is. My uterus didn't like that move too much, I don't think. Anywho, hope everyone's doing well!

Old 05-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #15
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

Betsy...congrats on a great appt. I'm so glad everything is going well for you. I'm hoping to find out the gender of the baby at the u/s we have on 6/9. DH and I actually celebrate our anniversary on 7/13, it will be our 6th. It's crazy all of the things all of us women have in common on this thread other than being due the same month.

CW... I have been a very picky eater. For some reason not much sounds good so I've been doing a lot of pizza and pasta...oh and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. There is a bunch of stuff that gives me heartburn too. You mentioned wanting a turkey sandwich and as long as you toast the sandwich (like if it comes from subway or somewhere like that) you can eat it. I actually just asked my doctor about that last week because I was sick of ordering meatball sandwiches.
Also I too have noticed my lower stomach is tight and achy at night when I wake up to use the restroom. I think its a combo of having a full bladder and being in the same position for a long period of time.

Hope everybody is doing great!!!

Last edited by Tiffany13; 05-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Closed Thread