It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
(female)

want2beamama HB User
October 08 Moms - May, June Posts

Our last thread was closed so I started a new one.

Congratulations Just Dance!! A BOY!!!! That makes 3 of us having boys so far! I can't wait to hear what everyone else is having.

We just picked a paint color for the nursery. I think we are buying it today, but won't start painting for a few weeks. We still have to clean out the soon-to- be baby's room.
Has anyone registered yet? I can't wait to, but we haven't had the time. I'm assuming it will be an all day trip to BRU.

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
(female)

expectant HB User
Re: October 08 Moms - May, June Posts

I find out this tuesday the sex...cant wait! will let you all know

Laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
(female)

Junebug08 HB User

My ultrasound is Thursday to (*fingers crossed*) find out the sex of our baby! I'm so excited!
#2 EDD: 9/23/2010

Old 05-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

Wow, some of you are now on their 20 weeks and some of us are approaching 20 weeks by the end of this month. I started looking at BRU already and went to store to personally look at the baby clothings and baby stuff so I can see it in person. Some stuff look so good online but when I saw and touch those baby stuff, I realized I dont like it. As a first time mom, I cant believe why a footlong onesie would cost like 15 bucks each and a fancy diaper bag is more expensive than a coach bag. Anyway, Im only 18 weeks and Im already chubby My nose is alway so dry in the morning even with the windows open at night. I think we're all gonna be so warm with our big bellies the entire summer. I already bought my summer maternity shorts. He He
Anyone here attending those classes for prenatal yogas or exercises? Im thinking of just buying a DVD but also worried that I wont be as motivated doing it myself.

want2beamama 10/03----------BOY
anoif 10/3
madera74 10/04
JustDance 10/07-------------BOY
Expectant 10/07
Betty Bee 10/11
malizoom 10/13
mandasilver08 10/13
zara1 10/14
shortstuff07 10/14
forgetmenotcj 10/15
ashy88 10/16
Helloall21 10/18
topdoris 10/20
hotmama08 10/23--------------BOY
tami52100 10/26
daina 10/26
junebug08 10/31

Last edited by hotmama08; 05-25-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
(female)

forgetmenotcj HB User

I haven't been in on in so long but I loved reading all your posts! Congratulations to everyone who found out the sex of their babies! We had our u/s last week and they changed my EDD to Oct 8th, and the technician said she thinks it's a boy but couldn't tell for sure. I work in an infant room and the parents up there have donated so many size 1 and size 2 diapers their babies grew out of. I have so much stuff, and yet still not nearly what I am sure we will need. I registered at BRU and Target already, but I did both online. We have been picking up a few things each time we go to the store, like neutral outfits, bath stuff, and diaper wipes.

I had got a permit from my city to have a garage sale this weekend, but then I decided at the last minute I should wait til I was more prepared. After spending the last hour in the soon to be baby's room trying to clean it out, I am thinking I probably should have had the garage sale anyways! My husband and I bought our house about three years ago and I can't believe how much junk we have kept just in those three years!

Oh and one more thing, my nephew -4 y/o- got scarlet fever (sever Strep) from a friend at daycare. Well, I ended up catching Strep and I am still on antibiotics and a sinus medication. I got a 5-day dose as opposed to a ten-day dose hoping it's a little better, but I still feel guilty taking so much medicine! Has anyone else had to take anything?

Old 05-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey JustDance! Just saw your news that it's a boy for you!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! I'm sure your family is so excited to hear the news!!!

Hotmama and Wanttobe... I remember you both from the IF board as well. That is so crazy you both already know you are having little boys also!!! Very exciting! Congrats to you guys as well! I finally got a bfp and my #'s so far are solid (to say the least)... I'll prob wait to post anymore about it here on this side until we see heartbeat(s), but I gotta tell you I'm so inspired reading about how well things are going for you guys! It warms my heart! Another congrats to all of you and your little boys!!!

Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #7
(female)

madera74 HB User

My ultrasound is this Friday. We can't wait! On Saturday I will be 22 weeks along, so they better be able to tell what I'm having.. the kiddo better cooperate! The instructions say to drink 32 oz. before the ultrasound, and a couple people recently suggested drinking some juice right before so the baby will be more active and hopefully move enough so that you can get a good view. Sounds like a plan to me. I'm excited to hear what everyone else is having!

Helloall21 - welcome to the board! I had a bit of a belly to begin with, but I would say that it's noticeably popped out in the last couple of weeks (around wk 19 or 20). This is my first baby. I have been wearing some maternity pants for awhile but have still getting away with a few pairs of my regular pants with a belly band, but probably not for much longer.

Want2beamama - what color did you decide on for the nursery??

I hope everyone else is feeling good these days.. I look forward to your updates!

Old 05-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Kari - I screamed just now when I read your post about your BFP!!! I will have to visit the IF board to read the whole story and give all the well-deserved HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Forgetmenot - do not worry about taking antibiotics, they only prescribe ones that are safe for pg, and it is soooooo much better than having the infection spread to baby. I got strep right after I got my BFP and I was really nervous taking meds so early in the pg, especially since we did IVF to get pg after 3 yrs ttc. But everything seems to be fine, I'm sure especially since you are so far along, it will be fine. Yet, I can relate, I think I've taken more tylenol than I've ever taken any other pain killer, and sometimes feel a little guilty, but I shouldn't.

Hot mama, I do prenatal DVD at home once or twice a week and it makes a HUGE difference. I love it so much, and It's only 30 min. To me that is less of a commitment of driving somewhere, parking, going to class, changing, etc which would be a much bigger committment. You can do it. I use Heather Seinegar's - great reviews on amazon.

DH & I just registered yesterday at BRU! Admitedly, I was grateful that SIL also came and helped give advice, because I felt a bit overwhelmed. After we were done, I kind of got anxiety thinking of all that STUFF coming to our house (I like to keep a minimalist approach in my home). I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but the first wave is done and it feels good. I have another girlfriend who said she will go with me (who JUST had her baby) to help provide additional guidance - I will be very grateful.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:59 AM   #9
(female)

expectant HB User

Just found out i am having a girl!!!! yay i already have a 2yr old boy so i am very excited about having a girl this time yay

want2beamama 10/03----------BOY
anoif 10/3
madera74 10/04
JustDance 10/07-------------BOY
Expectant 10/07............GIRL!
Betty Bee 10/11
malizoom 10/13
mandasilver08 10/13
zara1 10/14
shortstuff07 10/14
forgetmenotcj 10/15
ashy88 10/16
Helloall21 10/18
topdoris 10/20
hotmama08 10/23--------------BOY
tami52100 10/26
daina 10/26
junebug08 10/31

Old 05-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

Expectant, that is a great news! Congratulations !!!! You must be very happy.yay!

I didnt really care about the sex of our baby since this is our first and Im sure my DH is happy to have a boy but I would probably hope for a girl next time if I will be blessed one more time Congrats again!

Old 05-28-2008, 09:28 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

Congrats. to everyone on finding out what you are having. I am praying for a girl so bad but you know I will be happy no matter what. DS is wanting a sister. Dh is all set it's a boy and MIL is still mad that we are finding out. We go Monday June 2 at 11:00am I am so excited.
I have been feeling my little one move for a week or so now but DH finally got to feel it the other night. The kicks and rolls feel so week on the outside but inside I think I got a kick boxer .
I'm started having some morning sickness again ugh!! After my bedrest in the hospital I do have to say I am feeling alot better. I just get really tired easier.
Hope everyone is still doing good.. will let everyone know Monday what we got in there. My son says I swolled a basketball so he will be suprise to see that it's not a basketball in there.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #12
(female)

want2beamama HB User

Expectant--Congratulations on finding out you are having a girl!!!

JuneBug---what did you find out?? I think your appt was today.

Madera and Tami you are next...keep us posted on what they say.

Kari15-Welsome to the PG board! Congrats on your BFP! I wish you good health and I'll check back for your updates!!

Old 05-30-2008, 04:08 AM   #13
(female)

Junebug08 HB User

It's a BOY!!! I'm so excited. We, or course, would have been happy either way, but we are both ecstatic to be having a boy! My US was one of the best moments of my life. DH had not been to the doctor with me yet so it was a totally new experience to him. As soon as that image came up on the screen, he was totally amazed and really into it. I think it was finally real for him. That was the best part for me. Our little guy was moving around like crazy, his arms and legs didn't stop the entire time! And when the doctor pointed out his boy parts, there was no denying it. Even we could tell he was really a he! The little toes and fingers were amazing and the doctor measured and looked our little guy all over. He said everything looked really healthy and normal so I am much more at ease now.
#2 EDD: 9/23/2010

Old 05-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #14
(female)

madera74 HB User

My ultrasound is this afternoon.. I will post results when I get back. I have been waiting for this day for a long time and have been super excited, but now my family is going through some major worry about my mom, who is having health problems and pending some testing that I'm not feeling very optimistic about. So it's hard to be happy about anything with all of that looming. I'm trying to keep calm and not stress myself out too much with worry, because I know it's not good for the baby, but it's hard .

How is everyone else doing? Is everyone who had nausea feeling better by now? I hope so. I was sick this morning for the first time in about a month. I'm not sure if it's allergies or sinuses or what, but my throat has felt so sticky, like I constantly have to clear it or cough, but I can't ever seem to really clear it all the way. I have a sensitive gag reflex these days as it is, but this really triggers it. It was worse than usual this morning.

Is anyone else feeling really hot? The last week or so I've just been roasting. I commented at work how hot it was in here and my 2 coworkers nearest me had their jackets on and gave me a look like 'Are you kidding?'. I'm usually complaining about being cold right along with them. Even at night, I usually sleep with a down comforter even in summer, but lately I can barely tolerate being covered with a sheet. Bun in the OVEN for sure.. whew!

Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I am so glad I'm not the only one that feels like they are in a toaster oven. Dh and I are constantly fighting he is always so hot and I am always cold. Well we have flipped I am always turning the air down and he comes behind me fussing and turns it back up. I usually can't sleep without some kind of cover on me at night now I put it all on the floor and I take my night clothes off and I'm still hot. My biggest problem seems to be my feet are so hot it feels like I have them in a fire or something.
I hope it gets better I can't take off enough clothes to get cool. I have went to the point of getting in the tube in the middle of the day with cold water.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Closed Thread