It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
not gaining weight not able to eat.

I know when I first found out I was pg I was told to gain somewhere between 15-20lbs(maybe 25lbs can't remember) but anyway I have lost 15lbs and I'm not gaining any back it seems I am loosing about .5 to 1lbs a week. I force myself to eat because I know I need to eat but I am never hungry I could go all day and not eat and not be bothered at all. My dr. don't seem to be worried much he did say that I do need to start gaining some.(like I'm not trying). What can I do? Food don't even look good and it taste so plain. I have no cravings at all. I eat 3 meals a day and a few snacks in between but I can't eat much a few bites and I start gagging and if I keep eating I get sick I feel like I have ate a ton and only ate alittle.
Is anyone else having this problem if so what did you do? When I found out that the baby has a two vessel artery instead of a three vessel that I need to eat good and make sure she is getting everything she needs so she will have a better chance at gaining weight.
She is really active and all so she seems to be fine I have tons of ultrasounds and she is growing I just want to make sure she is getting everything she needs and I feel guilty because I can't eat. I feel like I am not providing for her like I need to.
Any suggestions??
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 06-17-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: not gaining weight not able to eat.

i dont know if this could have anything to do with it but i read somewhere that pregnancy can do something to your thyroid and cause lack of appetite and weight loss. have you ever had thyroid problems? might be worth getting it checked, and if thats what it is you can just take a pill to correct it. the medication is safe during pregnancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I had my throids checked and the test came back that they are fine. So I don't know what the problem is.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
(female)

Cookiem26 HB User

I had problems gaining weight although I didn't lose any. I didn't gain 1 lb. until I was 16 weeks along. Have you tried drinking Ensure or Slim Fast or anything? I still drink Ensure today, probably at least once a day because I am having trouble eating again, I am almost 37 weeks and have very little appetite. In the early days I ate a lot of chicken noodle soup, applesauce, toast, etc. It really didn't help me gain weight but I knew I was getting the nutrition I need. My doctor wasn't concerned and then I took off on weight gain around 20 weeks and have gained 25 lbs. total now. Good luck.

Closed Thread