It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User
Question anyone's hair falling out??

Hi, I've got a question for you all Is anyones hair falling out at drastic rates like mine is?? how long does that last and is there anything I can take to help it quit? It started about 2 weeks ago right when he was three months old. I can already tell my hair is so much thinner!!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: anyone's hair falling out??

i havent had it happen but i have heard that pregnancy can make your hair fall out. there isnt anything you can do about it. my mom knew someone who went completely bald while she was pregnant but it grew back as soon as the baby came out. i dont think you will go bald but hair loss is a common thing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

losing hair is perfectly normal. while pregnant, your body holds on to every bit and piece of nutrients and minerals so that your baby thrives. once baby is out, your body is busy repairing itself and hair isn't high on the priority list! it will stop eventually. i've heard one way to help keep hair from falling out as much is to continue taking prenatals...

Old 06-18-2008, 07:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Hi there

I didn t have this prob though i ve heard it s quite common. Just wondering how you are doing? Did you get af? Have you tested again?
How s your little man doing?

Take care

Amy

Old 06-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #5
(female)

crossingXline HB User

Ah! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I hear all the time "this is perfectly normal" but theres no one in my family or friends thats actually had this problem. I had long hair in the middle of my back and used to be quite thick. Every time I have the energy to actually take it down from an up-do and fix it I notice clumps come out and its thinning more each month! It's terrifying! But of course like everyone says, it's totally normal and some people suffer more than others. Everything that's "totally normal" but not everyone gets I seem to have them ALL! LoL Maybe try getting a cut that thickens it up a bit, thats what I plan on doing once I can get over cutting my long locks! lol best of luck

Old 06-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User

Thanks for your replies!
It seems to be slowing very slightly, but it's still a LOT thinner than it used to be! I did get it cut on monday, layers to help it look thicker and not as much weight on it too. Since I'm nursing i've continued my pre-natals too. Maybe that's why it's slowing down some. Hope so.

Amy: Haven't gotten af yet... i will probably test again tomorrow or Friday just to make sure. Still in the back of my mind I hope I am but who knows? My little guy is doing great! He was a little over 13lb a couple weeks ago. Getting tall though, he LOVES to stand and is so strong!! such a happy baby too! We are really blessed with him. He goes with me as I work and will play on the floor on a blanket. He's sleeping wonderfully at night but still not napping well during the day but that's great as long as he sleeps at night How's Jeremy? Is it all going well since starting back to work? I'm sure you are glad you can go to part time in the fall. That's great. I'll keep you posted about my test, gotta go change a diaper now

Vi

Old 06-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
(female)

scabbyneutron HB User

i noticed my when i combed my hair i had tons of strands i mean alot more than usual. then i found out i was pregnant and anemic. So you might want to check with your doc for anemia.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User

I never thought about anemia, i was fine all through pregnancy though. I'll have to ask if it could affect me now. thanks,

Vi

Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

When I was pregnant with my kids, I noticed that I hardly shed any hair at all but then not long after giving birth to my kids, I noticed that I was losing a ton of hair. I remember asking my doctor about it and he told me that you typically don't shed as much hair when you are pregnant and afterwards, its almost as if you start losing everything that your body hung onto during your pregnancy. I don't recall how long I continued to lose so much hair before it tapered off and went back to the "usual" amount that you normally shed on a daily basis, but I know I did lose a ton of hair after both of my kids, but I hardly lost any during my pregnancys.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:08 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

My sis lost a chunk of hair by her right temple point. I have been loosing hair like crazy bc I have hashimotos disease. I am a little worried about what will happen after I have the baby.... I might be just as bald as he/she is

Old 06-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I have the opposite problem. My hair has over the last 4 months become so thick and almost too hard to manage i have to wet it just to got it in a ponytail sometimes. I cant curl it anymore because in the next hour its nothing but a fluff and the heat makes it even worst. I only work with about 5 other employees and they are not too worried about appearance so i dont have to worry about it too much, but still as a woman i would like my hair to cooperate.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Hi there,

I also had this after I had DD...it lasted a loooooong time, it started right around the time she was 3 months old and lasted until she was probably 9-10 months old...I was getting worried because I kept losing hair and losing hair...everytime I took a shower I'd have HUGE balls of hair in the drain (sorry that's gross)...but it did eventually stop, THANK GOODNESS!

Good luck! Hope yours is quicker than mine was!

Old 06-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

meluca HB User

i'm the same with youneak!
my dd is almost 10 months and when i wash my hair fistfulls come out ! yuck.

thankfully, i am pregnant again, 3 weeks, and i'm looking forward to my hair follicals closing again. when i was preg. with dd only a few strands would fall out during shower time and i hardly ever had to shave my legs. it was great!

Closed Thread