It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Exclamation Since when did showering become an exercise??

Last night in the shower when i have to wash my hair i usually do that first then work my way down. When i got to my legs and had to bend over it was like a part-time job i came up and was so tired i looked at my feet and took a deep breath. (that sounds fat i know) But its true i had to sit on the side of the tub to wash my feet. My bf came in laughing at me it really got to me because i was in the shower almost twice the amount of time i usually take.

I do find my self some days moving slower then normal and then some days i have alot of energy. I told my bf soon he'll be washing me up i'll just tell him its practice for when the baby comes....lol

Are you guys having any hard days?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: Since when did showering become an exercise??

I use to love to take a hot bath but I have found it difficult to get out of the tub and I am afraid I'm going to slip trying to use the sides. So it's a shower for now on but I have the same problem as you below the tummy takes alitte work so I just sit on the side and wash that half then I finish with my hair.
Some days I find my stuggles funny and then some days all I can do is cry because I get flusterated and if DH says something to me the days I'm flusterated it just gets worse.

Just think we are only going to get bigger!!!
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

I was pregnant five times so I know exactly what you mean until I got old...then you will know for sure a shower is extreme exersize! Good luck with your new one.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
(female)

nerdo HB User

Showering is difficult, but shaving is nearly impossible.

I've always sat in the tub to shave. At 35 weeks, I can barely get to my legs. It's only a matter of time before DH will have to help me.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Im soo glad im not the only one. Remember when i said some days i have energy well this morning in the shower i had no problems at all. How can this be? Confusing. I had so much gas last night (I know TMI right)but i have to share this. Last night was the worst i was tossing and turning and finally got to sleep about 6:30 and had to get up at 7:30. My bf tried to talk to me and help me through it but every time he talked it just irritated me. i had a dream that i was in the delivery room and kept telling him to shut up. How rude right? but i dont want things to go like that i dont want to be that mean. Good thing is, he said he would understand after me being pregnant for more than half a year and then going into extreme pain.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
(female)

aphrodite62782 HB User

This is so funny because I have been going through all this. I am 38 weeks along today and started having marathon showers at about 30 weeks. Of course I have a huge belly for having just one baby. 40 inches now. I am blessed though because my DH stays in the bathroom with me and caters to my needs and supports me....I know, I know I shouldn't brag, but I felt I needed to considering all he does. He even offered to shave my legs but I quickly responded that I need to have some shred of dignity left when this is all over. LOL! So I take my sweet time (45 minutes) to shave. I can take baths because he lifts me out of them (all 240 lbs of me). God I love that man! The only thing that sucks about my shower is that I can't sit on the edge because it is a sliding door so the edge of the tub has the railings. Plus even with all of my DH's help I still come out feeling completely waisted, I fell asleep naked, in my glider right after my shower the other day. Woke up an hour later and all I could do was laugh at myself. LOL!

Hang in there ladies it will get better or at least I am hoping for this.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

Actually, i have to admit my hubby is being fantastic, but it is irritating me. I have a bath every day - it helps to ease my tired back, lol. But I keep complaining that I cannot get out of it, and that I need 'old lady bath handles' - those metal handles that you can hang onto to hoist yourself up. For now, DH has to come help me on some days when I am at my worst and put his arms under my arms to help me up...my other way is to get myself forward enough to pull myself up on the taps...although I am worried I will break them!

And as for shaving, well, hubby has the delight of having to help me deal with pubes because my belly hides the view from me now, lol, but I am still just about doing my legs. I have to put my leg up on the side of the bath or the sink and then twist to shave them.

I am looking forward to the days after DD is born and I can start delighting in how my flexibility starts to return! On the home stretch now though

Closed Thread