It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 06:34 AM   #1
(female)

LEJ79 HB User
Pregnant but bleeding

Hi all! This is my story. I have an 8 month old DS, so this is somewhat unexpected. Thought AF started on Tues. so I started my new pack of birth control pills. I didn't feel quite right so I took a test on Thurs. and had a faint line. Took another test this morning and it's definitely positive, came up quicker with a darker line so my hormone levels must be increasing. However, I'm still bleeding. A bit lighter than if I were having AF and no cramping. Obviously, I stopped taking the BC pills and have a doctor's appointment at 1 today. Has anyone experience first trimester bleeding like this and gone on to have a normal pregnancy?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User
Re: Pregnant but bleeding

Hi-
I did not bleed during my first trimester, however my best friend did. Right after her first pos. pg. test, she had a period that lasted about 4-5 days. It wasn't as heavy as a normal period though. She went to the dr. and everything was fine. He told her that sometimes the body needs to get rid of blood that was already preparing to come out. She went on to have a completely normal pg. Her little boy is a very healthy 2 yr. old!!
Hope this helps!
Teach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
(female)

LEJ79 HB User

Thank you Teach! That's very encouraging! While this pregnancy is unexpected, it's definitely wanted!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:26 AM   #4
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

Everything Teach told you is right on! I actually bled for the first three months with both of my pregnancies, it wasn't as heavy of a flow and the blood was more of a brownish color. My doctor told me it was normal as long as it wasn't red and/or accompanied by cramping that I couldn't stand and that it was just my uterus cleaning itself out. Congratulations and Best Wishes on your little surprise!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
(female)

LEJ79 HB User

Thanks for the encouraging words. It's so nerve-wracking to bleed when you know you're pregnant. I wish that I hadn't tested until I quit bleeding, but then I wouldn't have known to stop taking the BC pills, so I guess that it's good that I did. I'd heard of women before who didn't know that they were pregnant because they thought that they had AF. I had a hard time believing that, but I sure can now. If I hadn't been pregnant once before, I'm not sure that I would have thought to test. While the bleeding is a little bit lighter and I don't have any cramps, it is still very similar to AF.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
(female)

LEJ79 HB User

Just an update - I went to the doctor. He did an ultrasound and said, surprisingly enough at 4 weeks, 1 day, that the sac was clearly forming and visible and that my uterine lining looked like it is doing everything that it's supposed to. So, I guess that there is a good chance that this could go on to be a normal, viable pregnancy. They tested my levels today and will test again on Monday.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

meluca HB User

hi there, just read your story and it sounds like all is going to be good !

i think that would put you at a feb mom?
as soon as your up to it, come join us on the feb mom link !

xo,
m
i think i'm due feb. 23 !

Old 06-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

Congrats on a positive 1st appt! Enjoy the next 9 months!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:45 AM   #9
(female)

LEJ79 HB User

Thanks Tiffany!

Meluca - Thanks for the reply! I'll come join the Feb. Moms board when (trying to stay positive here) the bleeding stops and my bloodwork comes back okay. I just wish that it would stop!! It's not heavy bleeding, just a persistant drip and no cramping, so who knows. Maybe it's because I haven't had a normal cycle since getting pregnant with my DS. I had just weaned him a month ago. It's nice to know that someone else will be having two little ones very close together! I start thinking about how we're going to need two cribs, two carseats, a double stroller...!!

Closed Thread