It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User
November Mommies 2008 - part 5

We are definitely a chatty bunch...which is fine with me. I think it is so fun to read about all of your wonderful experiences and know that I'm not the only one feeling certain things.

Who has appt. coming up this week?

Hope all is well with everyone...enjoy your weekend!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
(female)

Istyle HB User
Re: November Mommies part 5

I go Wednesday for my ultrasound and to see the doctor!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Istyle good luck for your appointment on Wednesday I am looking forward to your update.

Tiffany thanks for starting a new thread for us, I hope you are well and having an excellent weekend.

Charlene

Old 06-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
(female)

sousou HB User

Hello to all mommies!!!!
I finally am going for my level2 ultrasound on friday.....I feel very nervous..I will be 18 weeks....and I am still waiting for my AFP test results.
wish you all the best !!!!

Old 06-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Ladies!

Istyle, good luck w/ your appt on Wednesday! I'm sure all will go well.

Sousou, good luck for your appt too! I can't wait to hear the details! Try not to be nervous, I'm sure everything will be great!

My next appt is still 2 weeks away.

Holly

Old 06-23-2008, 08:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hi ladies, I hope you are all well.

I had a bit of a disasterous morning, I sliped in the bathroom this morning and almost fell I caught onto the wall but seemed to pull something in the region of the baby. I called my dr's nurse and she told me it should be fine. I am so scared I have done damage. I have not had any bleeding so I think everything should be fine but I am waiting to feel my little one move, I normally only feel movement in the evening. I hope I feel something soon.

On a better note DH felt the baby move last night he was so excited.

I hope you all have a wondeful day

Sousou and Istyle good luck for your appointments this week looking forward to the updates

Charlene

Old 06-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Charlene,

I'm sorry to hear about your scary morning! I'm sure the baby is fine. You probably just pulled a muscle - I'm sure your muscles down there (like mine) are a litte slack from being careful w/ your pregnancy & you probably just woke the muscle up a bit by making it work to catch your fall. The lack of bleeding is a good indication that all is well. I hope you feel the baby move today though cuz I know I would be worrying too in your situation. It's just natural. How exciting that DH got to feel the baby move!! I have still yet to feel any movement at all & I'm getting very anxious. I'm at 18 weeks, so it will hopefully be coming soon.

Holly

Old 06-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User

Aw, Charlene... sorry to hear that. But don't worry, I'm sure you're fine! Your baby is verrrrrrrry well protected in there. It seems like you just pulled a muscle in there. Try drinking some orange juice or a sugary drink, I heard that gets the baby moving! A friend of mine would do that when she didn't feel her baby after awhile and it worked everytime. Don't worry!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Thanks Holly and CW for the reassuring words. I still have not felt the baby but I have been busy this evening cooking dinner and measuring the babys room to see if all the furniture I ordered is going to fit so I have not had much time to relax. I am going to have a warm shower and then try and relax and then see it I will feel any movement. But like you said I probably only pulled a muscle and my baby is fine there is alot of protection down there. I will let you know when I feel the little one move.

Have a great day
Charlene

Old 06-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #10
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

Sou Sou and Istyle, Good luck with your appts. I'm excited to hear about both of them.

Charlene, I'm sorry to hear that you had a scary morning but glad to know that you are feeling better. I'm sure your little one is just fine! How exciting that Dh got to feel the baby move. That must have been so neat for both of you.

All, Last night I started feeling some stronger movements but dh still couldn't feel her. I'm guessing he will be able to soon. I was so excited about it. On a not so bright note: For the past couple of days my upper inner thighs (like where your leg mets your pubic region) have been very sore. I don't remember experiencing this with ds, are any of you having this and what is causing it?

Thanks and have a great week...I'll be checking in soon!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Charlene sweetie, I am so sorry to hear about your fall! It must have been scary, but I too am sure all is okay with baby. They really are extremely protected in there. I have a feeling you might have turned in for the evening. Hopefully you felt a few kicks as you lied down to doze off after dinner and you are fully reassured. I tell you, the bathrooms are a very tricky place. I actually almost passed out in the shower yesterday morning... got light headed, started seeing black spots, thought for sure I was gonna vomit... quickly got out with shampoo still in my hair and sat on the floor for a while, but I was VERY afraid of going down, mainly slipping while getting out of the tub. DH is going to be getting me a chair so I don't have to stand up while in there. It might be a good idea if both of us also got some extra mats for the bathroom floor. Well I'm just so glad you are okay. Please let us know when you wake up if you got to feel baby move some more. And how awesome that DH got to feel your little one moving inside of you too! He must have been so excited.

Hey Holly! How are you and little baby doing? So remind me, is that appointment of yours in 2 weeks the one where we will find out if it's a baby boy or a baby girl? I'm thinking it must be... I'm so excited!

Tiffany, even tho I'm not nearly as far along as you (I'm only 9 weeks tomorrow), I have been feeling a very similar soreness in the same area for about 4-5 days now. It's mainly when I get up and start walking. It's not too painful, just a bit sore. I gained 7 lbs in only 10 days... wondered if that had anything to do with it. I'm also expecting triplets so I imagine things are expanding very rapidly down there and maybe it has something to do with the weight and how our body is adjusting to what's going on. Anyway, just thought I'd chime in on that. Hope you and your little girl are having a great day.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:30 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Kari your idea of sitting in the shower is a good one my only problem is when I get out and walk on the tiles. I went to look for a big mat to put in my bathroom but was unsucessful. I will go and look at some other shops today.

I did feel my little one move but not as strongly as I usally do. I am still a little worried but not like I was yesterday. I hope I get some big kicks today.

DH was so cute this morning he took the ipod and placed it on my tummy and guess what he was playing to our little one **REMOVED**

Tiffany I am sorry you are experiencing pain in your inner thighs I unfortunatly cannot comment on that, I just hope it gets better soon.

I hope you all have a wonderful day or for most of you it is still evening.

Charlene

Last edited by Mod08; 06-24-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Songs are off-topic per posting policy.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:40 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Char! So glad the baby was moving around a bit for you. I'm sure that first movement after the slip was a huge reassurance! As for finding the perfect bathmat, well maybe this means you'll have to take a trip back to JBurg for some more shopping!!! BTW, I think your DH and my DH would get along great when it comes to iPod tunes for baby... I think my DH would love for one of our babies to follow in his love for rock n roll! Alright my friend, I'm sure you're just getting your day started as it's time for me to turn in. Hope you get some nice strong kicks from baby today!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Kari,
I am sure our DH's would get along just perfectly. Sleep well my friend. My day has just stated. I think a trip to joburg again is a good idea I am just not sure my bank balance will agree, with me being a housewife now.

I am also glad that I got to feel a bit of movement last night, it makes me feel so much better.

Have a good evening.
Char

Last edited by Namibia; 06-24-2008 at 02:33 AM.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:05 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Charlene, I'm glad you got to feel some more movement! I hope your worries continue to fade away as baby's kicks get stronger & stronger.

Kari, hi! I was just reading up on the December thread...how nice to see you over here! My next appt is actually just another check up, but my big u/s is scheduled later that same week. So I will have an appt on 7/8 w/ the dr & then on 7/11 for the level II u/s. I'm so excited!! It's going to be a big week for me! It sounds like you are putting the weight on good. I know you need to gain quicker w/ trips so I'm happy to hear you're managing to do it! You must not be experiencing any m/s.

Tiffany, I'm not sure if I'm experiencing exactly what you described. I definitely have more aches & pains than usual & some days when I get out of bed I have a hard time walking for a few steps, but I'm not sure if that's really the same as what you're describing. I'm sure it's all a natural part of the process of all the changes occuring in our bodies. Hope you feel better soon though. It's certainly not fun to be in any pain.

Holly

Closed Thread