It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
What is wrong, why am I so mean?

I am 26 weeks into my second pregnancy. My first daughter is turning one next week and we are expecting our second daughter at the end of Sept. I feel like a crazy person lately! I don't know why but the littlest things stress me out so much and I fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. Not towards my daughter, mostly towards my poor DH. I honestly don't remember having this attitude when I was pregnant the first time around. I am sure a lot of it is a combination of hormones and being tired, but man, I feel like an awful person for the way I act lately. Is anyone else having this problem? How can I calm down and quit overreacting to every little issue????

Old 06-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: What is wrong, why am I so mean?

When you figure out how to calm down some let me know what you did because I am the same way. I use to be able to just go for a walk and kick and curse to myself but not anymore it is like 98 degrees now I would have a heat stroke before I got out of my driveway. My Dh seems to be always in the wrong here lately I'm ok with my son(8yrs) but I blow up over nothing. Then after I calm down I feel like crap for being so mean to him.
I ruined fathers day because of my attitude he says I didn't but I feel like I did. I have to give him credit he is just taken it and not fighting with me (which makes me madder)

But we do have alot to be stressed about this pregnacy and I think sometimes it can just be over whelming.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2008, 03:07 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Wow Delia, you are an amazing (and blessed) woman! Bringing two beautiful children into your family within a year - and not twins.

I think you are being a little hard on yourself. You are trying to care for a brand new baby while making a new person - that is a tough job.

If I could offer a little advice it would be: 1) realize that your husband too is probably freaked out and stressed about what another baby will bring to your lives and he's probably not himself either. 2) love yourself and others! Pick one thing each day that you like about yourself and do something to remind yourself of that. (for instance, if you like to bake, make some cookies and give them to friends & DH. Or if you like to hike, strap your baby in the stroller and take a walk in the mountains, river, beach, forest - whatever you have nearby. If you like to shop, go buy something nice for yourself and your best friend.)

Old 06-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Tami,
I know you are right, we probably do have a reason to be stressed more so than normal.

Just Dance,
Thanks! You are right, I know I am a good person and I need to remind myself of that once and a while. I guess that is why my personality is bothering me so much. I am normally a VERY laid back, positive happy person. It takes a lot to get me down on most days. However, like I said, it seems lately everything just gets to me. I just need to relax and remember that I am lucky to have what I do and that nothing going on around me is that bad to be so angry about it. I just want to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I did with my first one and I feel like I've spent half of the time being a grouch. Not because I am not happy, but like you said, I guess it's just a lot to handle all at once. However, I know we can do it and will have fun while doing it, so that is what I need to remember.

Thanks!!!!!

Closed Thread