It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User
please advise

It's been forever since i posted on these boards.... but here goes....my period is 1-2 weeks late, after getting a urine test at my fam practitioner's office, it was positive. our best guess is that i am approx 4.5 weeks pregnant. so, she sent me to get a blood test to confirm, this was this past friday. yesterday, i called for the results and the nurse said the blood came back negative but i was to keep on like i was pregnant since she said this had happened to my doctor before and she was in fact pregnant. she also said that if i didn't get my period next month to come back in for a quantitative test. WTH! I have all the symptoms i had with my seven year old:sore breasts, clear discharge, exhaustion, odor sensitivity, etc. I am so disappointed even though this is a surprise and my husband and i weren't planning it. has anyone ever gone through this before? Not to mention, my insurance co requires pre-registration of your pregnancy before 12 weeks or they won't pay for anything....

Last edited by Mod08; 06-24-2008 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: please advise

i would go back in a week and make them retest you. i wouldnt want to wait a whole month to know. by the time you are 5 weeks a blood test should definately be able to tell you if you were pregnant or not, i think thats when i had mine done. ive never heard of the blood test not picking up a pregnancy. and of course if your not pregnant but your having these symptoms and not getting a period you need to find out what else is going on. did you go to a GP or an OB? if you go to an OB to have it done they can ultrsound you and look for the sac. you may not be able to see the baby yet and more then likely wont get a heartbeat but you dr will know if your pregnant or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread