It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 07:15 AM   #1
(female)

MomtoaPuggle HB User
Question Brown Spotting during Pregnancy

Hi!
I am presently 12 weeks pregnant, after an IUI infertility treatment.
I had some brown spotting at 8 weeks- an ultra sound showed the baby was perfectly fine. This spotting lasted for about 9 days. It was very light.
At 11 weeks I had another episode that lasted 24 hours. Again, it was brown and very light. The baby was perfect.
Finally, at 11 weeks 6 days I experienced another episode of brown spotting. Again,brown and light. It only showed once, and I have been free of it for 24 hours.
My question is this- none of my doctor's seem to be concerned, but none can find a reason this is happening. Has everyone ever experienced this? What was your outcome?
This is my first pregnancy, and being an infertility patient, it is quite unsettling!!

Thank you for your help!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User
Re: Brown Spotting during Pregnancy

Hello mommy to be .I am almost 8 weeks pregnant with twins after an IUI as well.I have had brown spotting off and on as well.My pregnancy started off with brown spotting 1 day before beta I had brown spotting got so upset though AF is coming so I stopped my progesterone and next day at beta got my BFP and RE said possible multiples.Anyway my RE told me its common and not to call him unless its red and I am in pain.So I go in on Monday for 8 week u/s.I have read online it is so common it usually just old blood as our bodies were getting ready for our period so its releasing old blood and also said since the uterus is making so much extra blood it also gets rid of that extra blood that isent needed.Try not to worry to much I know its hard not to especially since going through IF treatments.I have pretty much clamed down and dont get upset when I see it.Stay positive and all will be just fine.Take care and have a healthy pregnancy you are almost into your 2nd trimester.

Eva

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

if the blood is brown then it is your uterus cleaning out "old blood". yeah that sounds disgusting but it is very common. i guess when we get our periods each month some blood stays inside us and when your pregnant your uterus cleans itself out. as long as its not bright red i wouldnt worrry about it. and even if it does turn bright red its not always bad. i am 27 wks and had a little spotting of red blood 2 wks ago and it turned out to be normal. if it was a concern your dr would tell you. you gotta try to trust them which i know is really hard and makes me a hypocrite cuz i never trust what the dr tells me until i have had it checked a bunch of times. it gets a little easier the farther you get a long when you know that if the baby had to be taken it could survive, so just try to relax for these next couple months, it gets better.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hickscourtney HB User

Hi Mama! I just wanted to let you know that I had the same exact thing happen, only mine lasted for like 4 weeks...docs were not concerned and sometimes my spotting was slightly red. After doing a couple of ultrasounds they could never figure out what was causing it. My doc told me no intercourse or exersizing until the spotting had completely stopped for like a week straight. So I was just told that some women experience this and some don't. Hang in there and know that it just sometimes happens. I think that I just had a really big growth spurt and broke some blood vessels or whatever. I am now 30 weeks and haven't had any spotting in over 10 weeks. Hope everything continues to go well!Courtney
Courtney~ Remember to always keep an open heart~Me-26,DH-27,TTC since 5/06,IUI-4/19/2007, 2nd IUI-8/14/2007, 3rd IUI 9/15/2007~ 4th IUI 10/15/2007~5th IUI 12/11/2007~BFP!!! 12/24/2007, We are blessed!

Closed Thread