It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Lightening Pain when Urinating?

Hi All,

I'm 18 1/2 weeks pregnant, & starting today, I have been experiencing pain when I urinate. It's not a pain in the vaginal area, & I don't have any itching either. What I'm feeling, is a sort of lightening sensation that shoots up from the very bottom of my abdomen all the way up to my chest. It hurts, but it's not bringing me to tears or anything. I'm only experiencing it when I urinate, & it has happened the last 3 times I went to use the restroom...Could this be a bladder infection or UTI?

Should I call the dr just to be safe?

Thanks for any input.

Holly

Old 06-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User
Re: Lightening Pain when Urinating?

It might be a UTI, I would call the doctor just to be on the safe side. Maybe they can recommend something that will make you feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

you should definately call and get it checked out. if its a UTI you need to get it treated before it gets worse. it can turn into a kidney infection if you let it go to long and those can be extremely painful and it has a chance of causing preterm labor but thats only if you let it go for a long time without treating it. if its not a UTI though it may just be that when you pee your bladder relaxes and moves the ligaments and muscles around that hold your uterus. i get pains like that. sometimes its so bad that i cant even stand up straight after i pee especially if i held it for a long time

Old 06-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Holly I am so sorry you are experiencing pain. I agree with the other ladies I would check with the dr just to be sure that it is not something serious. I hope you feel better soon.

Please let us know what the dr says. Thinking of you.

Charlene

Old 06-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Thanks ladies! I did call the dr's office & I am waiting for them to get back to me now. A nurse already called me back, but she seemed stumped & said she would talk to the dr & call me back again w/ the dr's instructions. So for now, I'm just waiting.

I did know that UTIs left untreated could cause pre-term labor, so that's why I was concerned. I appreciate all the responses!

I'll let you know what they say...

Holly

Old 06-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Okay, I got the call back already - I love when they are quick like this!

They're sending me to the lab to give a sample of urine. They think it may be a UTI. In the meantime, they just told me to drink plenty of water & cranberry juice. I should have the results back by tomorrow.

Thanks again for the advice!!

Holly

Old 06-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

thats good they called you back so soon and you were able to catch it early enough that it wont cause any problems. hope you feel better UTIs are horrible.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Holly, I'm so glad the office got back to you so quick and they are getting you in to check things out. And I really hope you start feeling better real soon. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Well, it's a mystery, I guess. My urine came back fine. They are gonig to run a culture, but they expect that to come back normal too. I guess it's just one of those pregnancy pains...As long as it's nothing to worry about, I will take it!

Holly

Old 06-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Holly I am please to hear that everything is fine. I am sure it is just another pg pain. I was thinking of you all day today. Keep drinking plenty of water.

Have a fab day

Love
Charlene

Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #11
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

That is great news! Not the mystery part but not having an infection. Maybe the muscles around your bladder are just stretching and when you go its a shock to them. Hope it gets better soon but good to know your healthy and there's no worries!

Old 06-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Holly, well it's good you don't have to fight an infection right now. Has the pain subsided? I think I've already experienced enough weird pains, sensations, and discomforts in my own pregnancy that I understand that our bodies simply do very bizarre things when we are expecting. It'll be interesting to see what else may be in store for us before our delieveries! Well I hope you are having a good week!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Thanks for the well wishes!! It's funny because I've only felt the pain once today & it wasn't even when I was using the bathroom. I guess it is just a pregnancy pain...probably growing pains or something. I am glad to know nothing is wrong & I'm looking forward to feeling something else...like the baby moving.

I hope you all had a great day! Thank you for checking on me!

Holly

Closed Thread