It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User
Stretch Marks

Ok so I was one of the unfortunate that got stretch marks with my first pregnancy. I got the evil things on my lower stomach and upper thighs. As time went by they faded and turned white. With my second pregnancy will they stay white or will they get that reddish purple color again and will they get bigger and am I likely to get more? Is there anything I can do to minimize their appearance or how many I get? With ds I used that belly butter everyday, twice a day and it didn't seem to work. TIA!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: Stretch Marks

None of the comercial products work, they are junk, plus they are laden with chemicals. The ONLY thing that could help you is a pure vitamin E oil. They are usually in small bottle, only a few ounces and the oil is thick, so you don't have to use a lot. Finding the most pure vitamin E will be most beneficial. Sometimes you can find it in the vitamin aisles at some places. Vitamin E nutrients help to heal, chemicals do not.

Last edited by AlexaIn2006; 06-25-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
(female)

crossingXline HB User

Alexa is right! Vitamin E oil is the best thing along with cocoa butter but the lotion also helps your tummy from being so itchy while stretching =) I had stretch marks before pregnancy and I'm afraid as I get bigger Ill get more. The old stretch marks wont turn the purple color again but sadly more can come. Its really all about genes some peoples skin just isnt as elastic as others, I happen to be one of them so I feel your pain. Something else to think about after pregnancy for the old ones and maybe new ones is Bio Oil. You can pick it up at walmart or a pharmacy and its quite inexpensive maybe 15 dollars at the most and I've heard it has AMAZING results I'm not sure if its okay to use while pregnant but I'm for sure looking into post pregnancy. Until then vitamin E and plent of cocoa butter lotion and lots of water. Also staying in shape with the amount of exercise your doctor allows helps =) best of luck

Old 06-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I was overweight before getting pregnant and had stretch marks so i bought the mederma cream to help it and it seemed like as my belly got bigger that it was helping but it wasnt my stretchmark had just stretch out themselves and blended in with my skin so they are right those chemicals dont work at all. i would say only the natural products work a little at least.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
(female)

papergoods HB User

this is so gross I have really pale skin Im afraid Im going to get them too..how far along are you?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

I am 18 weeks with my second child, I got them with my first pregnancy though and was concerned with how they would look after this one. I didn't even realize I got them with my first until after he was born because they are on my very lower abdomen and upper upper inner thighs. I don't think they were in my line of vision and I don't think they really showed up until afterwards because I would ask dh if he could see if I was getting any and he always said NO...and I know he would have told me if he saw them. It took about a year for most of them to loose the reddish/purple color and turn white. Once they are white they aren't noticeable unless your looking for them.

Closed Thread