It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jackstersmom HB User
I'm Finally Home!!!

Hey everyone! I'm 34 weeks now so they finally let me go home from the hospital today after being there for 5 weeks on bedrest. So now I'm at home on bedrest for 2 weeks and I still have to take the medication that stops the contractions. It's such a relief to be out of there until the babies decide to finally come. I had an u/s on Tuesday and they are each about 6 pounds already! I couldn't believe that they could be that big so quickly - they each gained about 2 1/2 pounds in the last month! Anyway, just thought I'd give an update. Hope everyone's pregnancies are going well!

Cristy

Old 06-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User
Re: I'm Finally Home!!!

Cristy, That is so awesome. Good job Mommy. 34 weeks is great for twins. I will send lots of prayers that your babies stay put a couple more weeks. Wow great wieghts too. It must be so nice to be home. Enjoy -AimeeM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

I am sooo happy for you Cristy! It sounds like your babies are doing fantastic as well! Hopefully you will get through another week or two and then be safe to have them at last. Yay!

Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Cristy I was just about to log off fo the night when i saw your thread. Congrats on being home and making it to 34 weeks with suh great weights. I am so hapy for you I am sure Jackson must be pleased that his mommy is home. Now take it easy and get plenty of rest you are going to need it for when those two arrive.

Have a great evening at home with your family.

Love
Char

Old 06-26-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

great news Christy. that must have been a loooong 5 wks in the hospital. Welcome home.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Cristy, I'm so excited to read your update!! You must be thrilled to be home & even happier to hear the babies have grown so much! Well done!! It won't be too long now before Jackson gets to meet his new siblings!

Holly

Old 06-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Oh Cristy, that is great!!! Congrats for making it home and for what sounds like a very productive hospital stay! I bet your little boy is so happy to have you home! As for the growth, one of the main points that the Dr has made in the book I'm reading (about multiples) is how growth starts sooner and ends sooner with twins and even more-so with triplets or quads. She said that is why it's so important to gain lots of weight as early as possible when carrying multiples. I'm glad that you shared your own experience with us as now I have a real life example of what she was saying. I'm sure you must be relieved knowing the babies are over 5lbs already. Well good luck over the next couple weeks... Keep us posted on how you do and if the babies decide to make their entrance a bit sooner than 2 weeks from now!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

douglasap8 HB User

Cristy, Just wanted to pop in and say congrats on making it home and growing those babies to over 6 pounds a piece. Sounds like you've got two healthy ones in there. I can't belive you're almost to the end of your pregnancy...it seems like just yesterday we were all celebrating the start of your pregnancy! Rest up for the remainder of the time you have and I wish you the best of luck with your birth! - April

Old 06-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

i am sooo late on thisbut im glad to see that you're still pregnant and comfortably at home!!! congratulations on making it this far!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 12:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kjmrfld HB User

Cristy,

Welcome home! I am so happy to hear that you and the babies are doing well!!! Rest, and keep us posted over the next couple weeks!

Kelley

Old 07-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

I am late too...but so happy that you are home. So glad that you made it this far.

AMy

Closed Thread