It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
did something stupid and scared myself...need help

i looked up symptoms ive been having on the internet even though i know i shouldnt and of course it scared the crap outta me. i dont really remember when it started i think it was sunday or monday ive been getting pains in my chest back and shoulder and have been coughing a dry cough ive also been really tired and kinda dizzy and have had a headache. last night my jaw hurt too but i couldnt tell if it was jaw pain or a toothache. my first thought was bronchitis or something like that. well i looked up my symptoms and they told me it could be a pulmonary embolism! ive been researching it but i cant really get a whole lot of information other then that it has a high fatality rate. if it was a pe would it have gotten to the point where i would be severely sick by now since its been almost a week? i dont know if that is something that goes from nothing to the worst like a heart attack or if you can have it for a while before it gets real bad and you start passing out and all that. im sure im probably just being my usual hypochondriac self but im really worried. i just wanted to get some information on it

Last edited by sg1112; 06-27-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User
Re: did something stupid and scared myself...need help

They thought I had a PE just a couple of weeks back. My symptoms were related to my heart in the end, but I had severe chest pain and difficulty breathing was an understatement. I also kept collapsing completely.

PE is something that is more a risk factor in pregnancy, but the risk is still very low... They have to do tests if they suspect it. Chest x-rays they can protect the baby from...but they also did a VQ perfusion scan which does carry a small risk to the baby as it involves the use of radioactive isotopes.

I would presume if you have had the symptoms a week then the chances of it being a PE are slim, but as a PE is very dangerous indeed - as you obviously read, then you have to run the symptoms past your doctor asap.

I hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread