It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
(female)

papergoods HB User
Unhappy Veins all over Gross

Dude I was happy, I am happy. but I looked down at my legs today and i see all kinds of veins! Im only 4.5 months and Ive gained about 7 lbs. and Im in shape. Its so gross I dont even want anyone to see me naked..and they tell me I can even laser..the veins are small and all over the place. Does anyone else have this? I fell old like my life is over. I just started crying and crying I cant stop crying. I cant even eat. iI wanna take a xanax so bad.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Veins all over Gross

when your pregnant there is an increase in your blood volume and it makes your veins more prominent. i have really light skin and have always been able to see my veins especially in my feet and arms but now that im pregnant i can see them in my legs, stomach and a lot in my boobs. its just something that happens and will get better once the baby is born. it might not look that great but its nothing bad and you get a baby out of it so its worth looking a little rough for a few months. try not to stress over it its not good for the baby and def dont take a xanax. ive been prescribed them since i was 13 so about 5 years now and yeah i understand how bad you want one to make you feel better cuz i do too but it can stop the babies heartbeat so just save them for when it comes out.

Last edited by sg1112; 06-28-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

The previous poster is right, your veins are more visible because of the increase in blood flow that is necessary for both you and your baby to survive. The appearance of them will go away not long after delivery. I know its hard to deal with the changes your body goes through during pregnancy and it will be hard for a while after too but the blessing of a healthy baby is worth it. You will just have to come to terms with the fact that your body will never be the same as it was. It can still be great but not the same. It sounds like you are very health conscious and take great care of yourself so just keep a positive attitude, your doing great especially with your weight gaining 7lbs in 4 1/2 months is perfect! Best wishes and congratulations on your pregnancy...enjoy all the great things that go along with it and try not to focus on all the changes, pregnant women are beautiful!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #4
(female)

papergoods HB User

You guys are great..I so needed to hear that! thank you so much! Im happy to hear they go away.

Closed Thread