It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
February mom's part 2

Hi mom's,

Already a new thread... I wonder how many of these we'll have by the time our little ones are due?!

Everything is going very well with me. Still pretty nauseated, but again it depends on the day. Bloating is still terrible as well. Other than that I feel pretty darn good. I can't wait for my ultrasound, but it's not until July 10, so I guess I'll have to!

Hope everyone's doing wonderfully.

Whiskers

Old 06-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: February mom's part 2

Hi Ladies!

I haven't been on in a few days because I've been so busy and my computer is on the fritz. But, I have a new one coming on Wednesday. YAY! (The power connector is just about broken off the motherboard, so I have to hold the cord "just right" to get it to work...)

Anyway, I go in for another round of bloodwork today. sigh. My nausea has subsided, and now I'm worried that the bloodwork will show that I'm miscarrying again. I hope not! I hope that the nausea returns with a vengance, actually! I know that sounds weird, but at this point, I'll take anything that confirms that all is well inside. I don't go for my first u/s until July 16 (7w5d).

On top of everything else, my 19 m.o. DD had eye surgery last Wednesday, so we have a return trip to the eye doc today. She also has a rash all over her trunk and a huge pus-filled boil on her butt. Since I had MRSA in my c-section incision, I'm particularly worried about the boil. I hope they tell me not to worry, because of late she's been horrible about taking ANY meds -- even tylenol or ibuprofen, which she used to take like a champ. So, we go to the ped. later this morning to get her checked out. That's the LAST place a preggo woman should be -- a ped's waiting room with lots of sick kids. argh!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hello ladies well just got back from my u/s.Things went great .Got to see my little angels again I am so happy and their little heartbeats OMG its so amazing.RE is happy with the way things are progressing he says he feels good about the health of both babies.Well he released me today to OB he said to make an appointment cause there are tests that need to be done at 8 weeks.

Meluca they say you can see the h/b at 6 weeks but not always guess I was lucky to see the h/b's at 6 weeks.Hope that helps a little.Take care.

Eva

Old 06-30-2008, 07:51 AM   #4
(female)

amanda26 HB User

I am 6 wks 4 days. I go to the dr next week and I will be 7 wks 5dys, so pretty sure we will be able to see heartbeat. I really have not many symptoms except slightly sore boobies, slightly nauseous (not enough to keep me from pigging out) and the main one is extreme fatigue!! I will be glad to have my blood drawn next week as well. I know we are all tired but last pregnancy I got a little anemic, and then afterward my thyroid started acting up some as well. It seems like time is gonna go so slow. I just can't wait to find out the sex. My sister already bought something unisex for the baby! Hope all is well w/ everyone's upcoming appointments Fingers are crossed!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

YAY Eva! Glad to hear you are heading to the OB now. And that your u/s went well. I hope you got to keep a picture or two.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Thanks Xine we are so excited words cant express.We did get 2 pitures RE handed the u/s pictures to DH and he was walking around with the pictures of his babies it was so cute.We are excited to move on but I liked my RE so much I was sad as well today.Oh well guess its time to move on like a normal pregnant women huh.........lol.

Eva

Old 06-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Hi Eva-
I was just checking in on you. I am happy to hear that you got to see your little ones. I also had reservations about leaving my RE, however you are off to bigger and better things! It is definetly different going to an OB. They don't do as many u/s. That is what upset me, but from what I hear, we have already had more u/s than most pg. women do throughout their whole pregnancy. So, guess we are lucky! Good luck with your next appt. Take care of those little ones!
Teach

Old 06-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hi Eva! Was excited to hear that you have already had your ultrasound appointment and I'm so happy that again everything went well!!! It really is so cool to see those heartbeats... I swear, it will never get old! And I totally know what you mean about feeling sad to leave RE. I do like my PN, but I loved my RE and trust him so much... I really wish he had expanded into OB and not just IF! Well hopefully your OB will still do plenty of u/s's with you... my good friend, I think I told you about, is ten days behind me with twins on the way and her OB said she will get an u/s every 3-4 weeks. I'm sure it just depends on the office you go to, but of course the most important thing is just hearing your doctor say all is ok with babies... and if that means infrequent u/s's, well I'm sure we could learn to live with that So do you have your first OB appt set up yet?

Sending good wishes to ALL of the Feb mommies out there!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hi Teach and Kari thanks for checking in on me I appreciate it.It is hard to move on to an OB I just dont think they care for you as much as RE does.Also since we have been through so much with RE's its no wonder we are so attached and dont forget they are the ones who got us to where we are.Teach you are right we have more u/s then most women have their whole pregnancies.Kari I dident set up an appointment yet with OB I will call him tomorrow to do that.I am going to an OB that RE recommended.I also asked RE about going to the beach and he told me to hold off until next Monday when I stop my progesterone then he said go all you want to the beach.Oh one question girl when did you all stop your progesterone?Just curious.Ok well have a great afternoon.

Eva

Old 06-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Hi Eva-

My RE told me that I could stop my progesterone at around 7 weeks. That is when we found out we were having twins and we saw both heartbeats. However, I was a little scared and he said that if I had some left over, then I could continue till I ran out. So, I continued on until I ran out and that was around 8 weeks. How far along will you be when you stop?
It is good that your OB is someone that RE suggested. My situation was the opposite. I had been seeing my OB for about 3 years and he recommended the RE that I was seeing. I really miss the nurse at the RE's office. I am fortunate though and the RE is just down the hall from my OB. So, the nurse to me to stop by once my belly got big!! RE said to stop by and show off the babies!! He gives out onesis that say "I got my start at _______ Fertility" (I left the drs. name blank...not sure if we can put that on here!) Hopefully you will be able to keep in touch with your RE. We really owe our RE's a lot!!!

Teach

Old 06-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Eva, You'll have to keep us posted on when the OB will get you in for your first appt! As for the progesterone, I was just taking the PIO shots (youch!), and was VERY surprised when I went to see my RE at 7 weeks and he said no more progesterone. He said with an FET I would have taken it for at least 70 days, but the fresh cycle my body was producing plenty on its own. So it's been 3 weeks of the progesterone and so far so good!

Old 06-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hey Teach that is awesome that your RE is down the hall from OB.RE did tell me if I needed anything to feel free to call him anytime.The nurses and receptionist did tell me to stop by and visit them from time to time.Well I will be 9 weeks next Monday thats when RE told me to stop the progesterone.I am not really worried about stopping it I am looking forward to stopping it.That is real cute that RE gives out onesis.

Hey Kari I will defently keep you all posted on when I will get into to see OB.I thought I would have stopped the progesterone already considering I did IUI so my body is producing progesterone now.Oh well one more week wont kill me,Oh you had the PIO shots I have heard those hurt.Ok well hope you all have a wonderful afternoon take care.

Eva

Old 06-30-2008, 02:49 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

meluca HB User

X - i'm so sorry to read about dd. ouch. poor little thing. it hurts so much when our littles are sick. keep us posted on her recovery.

well, thankfully, i have been doing really good and dont have any symptoms lately other than an occassional sore back.

i havent had an increase in restroom trips or hunger.
how about yall ?

during my pregnancy with dd at 6 weeks i got BAD acne. i dont see that right now, but will be looking for it. i'm 6 weeks today

i really think i have a little boy who's going to quietly grow inside me.
and i'll take it b/c dd is a handful !! she's trying to pull herself up onto everything.
so i'm running around most of the day and bending over most of the day.

let me know about the restroom trips and hunger. i'm really curious and cant remember what that was like with dd's pregnancy.

thanks,
m

Old 06-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Hey ladies,
How lucky you girls are to be expecting twins!! I read today that to concieve twins naturally (without the use of any fertility treatments), you have about a 2% chance! I've always wondered what it would be like, and i guess I will continue to wonder, at only 2%... But from past experience, I know that one is enough for me anyway (although what a blessing it would be)!
Meluca--I have been peeing more since before I found out I was pregnant--that's actually one of the things that made me think I was. In What to Expect, it says that after first pregnancies, you may start to urinate more frequently as soon as 2-3 weeks after conception! Crazy, huh? I have to get up 2-3 times a night, and it's been that way since I was about 3 weeks pregnant (which technically would be less than 2 weeks after conception, because I know when I O'd....). My appetite however, has not yet increased, and I'm really happy about that. I've actually been having a lot of food aversions, and not too many cravings. But I guess I'd rather have it that way, than to crave everything in sight.

Whiskers

Old 07-01-2008, 01:12 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

elainee HB User

Hi Ladies,

Meluca, I haven't had an increased need to pee or increased hunger either. All I have is sore bbs, really tired and the odd bit of cramping, nothing else. I'm 5weeks 3 days.

I'm reading about you all going to your doctors etc and getting blood work and scans done and I'm getting jealous I've no idea what's going on inside me. My physician is away until the end of July and I don't even have an OB yet. Guess I'll just have to be patient, it's hard though!! Really happy to hear everyone is doing really well x

Last edited by elainee; 07-01-2008 at 01:18 AM.

Closed Thread